Tell me why Dino stays? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tell me why Dino stays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some on here trolling. He’s not coming back.
And some on here are saying he is coming back no matter what. Because…Syrac and …$$

I get that, that was demoralizing as a fan. I just dont know. I dont know how we could fire him if we win next week. I like our staff w Beck and Long. Dont forget both of those coordinators are in year 1 here.
I have been told, and honestly, I don't know this to be 100% true, that big money donors were very upset with those 3 straight games. His fate might have been cast at that point.

I have been told, and honestly, I don't know this to be 100% true, that big money donors were very upset with those 3 straight games. His fate might have been cast at that point.
Yeah, there are losses... and then there are complete blowouts where the team is not even remotely competitive. And the competition was not entirely elite.

Thats good info. That is what it is. But I don’t think just because people are rich and can donate to the program that they know who should the head coach.

That being said, I am glad there are people who still care. I was getting worried.

Yeah I just don’t see how one can even argue to retain him at 6 wins - he went 4-0 against the easiest OOC schedule that I can remember and to get to 6 will have to beat the 2 worst ACC opponents on our schedule. In Year 8.

Seriously. It’s a joke if he’s retained with that resume. After starting 6-0 and finishing 7-6 last year.

It needs to stop.

I dont know how we could fire him if we win next week.
He'd be 21-45 in conference play, with one season with a winning record in conference in eight years. And 3-7 against non-conference P5s - and thank goodness for Purdue.

We went from 2017 playing ranked LSU and Miami teams close on the road and beating Clemson, to 2018 winning 10 games and playing #3 Clemson close on the road, to now getting smoked by every halfway decent team we play.

Yeah I just don’t see how one can even argue to retain him at 6 wins - he went 4-0 against the easiest OOC schedule that I can remember and to get to 6 will have to beat the 2 worst ACC opponents on our schedule. In Year 8.

Seriously. It’s a joke if he’s retained with that resume.
Imagine the excitement going into next season? With a lame duck coach who statistical is one of the worst in P5?

Eh thats weak. If we went 8-4 and got blown out 4 times, you dont fire a guy.

If he wins next week and a bowl game and wndw up at 7-6, you fire him?
I’d let him go even if he wins next week.

6-6 is a big slip backwards from last year, considering our very easy schedule this season.

There’s no progress being made with this program.

It’s time. Even at 6-6.

He'd be 21-45 in conference play, with one season with a winning record in conference in eight years. And 3-7 against non-conference P5s - and thank goodness for Purdue.

We went from 2017 playing ranked LSU and Miami teams close on the road and beating Clemson, to 2018 winning 10 games and playing #3 Clemson close on the road, to now getting smoked by every halfway decent team we play.
Yeah I mean, this whole concept that what we have is the best we can expect is a joke. I know it’s going to be hard to get back to the 90’s level of success but we can do a lot better than this.

This is it. The program simply isn’t getting better. Dino isn’t capable of achieving that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom