Tennessee Postgame Luau | Syracusefan.com

Tennessee Postgame Luau

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Pain in the Knecht

F_aIR1WbYAANjEu

Cuse needs to come out with a win tomorrow. You need to be able to pull one of these out. We have choked away way too many over the last 5 years.

Flashed for a while but this young team will have some growing pains. Game was a lot closer than the final score.

Looks like we will be 1-2 in Hawaii. Wish we could have figured out a way to pull this one off. I guess our only hope is to get Gonzaga and somehow pull off an upset. We’re not beating Purdue.

My takeaways for going forward:

- We prob aren't a top 25 team yet. To anyone with a brain and any knowledge of basketball, this should have been known

- Effort has to be there for 40 mins. We aren't skilled enough to beat good teams (or even Colgate apparently).

- The use of the zone. Enough. It's not working.

- Carey. Can't play him outside of mins vs crummy teams. He's not an option.

- Inbounds plays need to be remedied ASAP. It's unacceptable to turn it over that many times.

I hate losing as much as anyone, but I'm quite encouraged. There's a lot thats fixable. Red had us ready. You cannot miss free throws and turn it over on the inbounds consistently if you want to beat a top 10 team.
The free throws were a wash, they missed a ton too. I thought the refs were bad overall though, we should have shot more.

good game until the last 3 minutes. Did a lot of shootings ourselves in the foot. Missed layups abound.. missed FTs abound.

So we lost to the #7 team, losses suck but I’m walking away feeling pretty good about the rest of the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom