Tennessee Postgame Luau | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tennessee Postgame Luau

Bilas was unbearable today. I don’t know how or why people defend him. Jim’s not coaching anymore, he’s gotta let whatever new grudge he has against cuse go
What did he say that sounded like he doesn’t like the Orange? He was complaining the entire game that Tennessee was fouling us and the refs weren’t calling it.

Bilas was unbearable today. I don’t know how or why people defend him. Jim’s not coaching anymore, he’s gotta let whatever new grudge he has against cuse go
I’ve never sensed any grudge against us by Bilas. He’s probably the best color commentator in college hoops, imo. I’ve actually always felt like he’s been in our corner.

I hate losing as much as anyone, but I'm quite encouraged. There's a lot thats fixable. Red had us ready. You cannot miss free throws and turn it over on the inbounds consistently if you want to beat a top 10 team.
Yeah I agree. It’s bias, but Syracuse looked like the more talented team.

Flashed for a while but this young team will have some growing pains. Game was a lot closer than the final score.

Looks like we will be 1-2 in Hawaii. Wish we could have figured out a way to pull this one off. I guess our only hope is to get Gonzaga and somehow pull off an upset. We’re not beating Purdue.
I don't think we will win, but assuming we play Gonzaga we shouldn't have nearly as difficult time scoring.

I dont know if this is a hot take or what but from what I’m seeing early, JJ should not be starting.

More encouraged than discouraged overall after this game. Don’t like the conservative coaching, don’t like the laid back approach of coaching in general hopefully that changes as Red gets more comfortable. Rotations were ehhh as well. A lot of this stuff it comes down to this: if he’s a good coach &5 will get cleaned up with experience, but if he’s a bad coach it won’t change.

I dont know if this is a hot take or what but from what I’m seeing early, JJ should not be starting.

More encouraged than discouraged overall agyer this game. Don’t like the conservative coaching, don’t like the load bsck approach of coaching in feneral hopefully that changes as Ted gets more comfortable. Rotations were ehhh as well. A lot of this stuff it comes down to this: if he’s a good coach &5 will get cleaned up with experience, but if he’s a bad coach it won’t change.
If JJ sits who starts? He’s the second best option.

No one wants to rebound. On the offensive end, a jump shot goes up and there are no SU players within 15 feet of the basket. They have the size and athleticism to really hit the boards, but apparently, not the desire to get in there and mix it up. This has to be fixed.

Thought we fought hard. Was frustrating to see us go back to old way's with ISO basketball on offense but thought we played much better on D. Don't feel like the final score was indicative of how we played. JJ's play was concerning, especially since him and Judah playing well will be the reason we win games. Definitely not dejected by the outcome... think there is a solid foundation to build on here.

I hate losing as much as anyone, but I'm quite encouraged. There's a lot thats fixable. Red had us ready. You cannot miss free throws and turn it over on the inbounds consistently if you want to beat a top 10 team.
idk not having a designed inbounds play kinda falls under coaching

good game until the last 3 minutes. Did a lot of shootings ourselves in the foot. Missed layups abound.. missed FTs abound.

So we lost to the #7 team, losses suck but I’m walking away feeling pretty good about the rest of the season.
good game??

not how I would describe that

it was competitive

This season is a failure if we don't dance. We just went blow for blow with one of the best teams in the country.

Fighting back after going down double digits is really impressive. Go Purdue right now and we can beat the Zags tomorrow. Them and UCLA are very winnable games. Need to win tomorrow so we have two chances to start to build a resume.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom