Tennis - changing of the guard? | Syracusefan.com

Tennis - changing of the guard?

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
I did not get to watch the Wimbledon Gentleman’s final, but seems like a changing of the guard, particularly because Djokovic seemingly played very well, and had the lead. I know this is the kid on the men’s side people have been discussing as the heir apparent. Any thoughts?

Joker played a great first.. lost a Tie breaker in the 2nd.. Played an awful 3rd.. Played an OK 4th , and then got broken and couldnt get the break back in the 5th.. The kid is very athletic and it saved him over and over with recovery shots. Never seen Joker miss so many pretty routine shots, the court was choppy and they were slipping all over.. Joker served his worst of the tournament which could also have been Alcaraz being that good.

at 36 how many more chances will we see Joker or Nadel even get..

at 36 how many more chances will we see Joker or Nadel even get..
I think Djokovic has a few years left and will win a few more. He’s been crushing everyone not named Alcaraz. I heard Nadal is going to try to make a brief comeback next year and retire soon after. Would love to see him have one more magical French Open run to send him off into the sunset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom