Tension | Syracusefan.com

Tension

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
When is the annoucement that is going to carry the Colgate game live going to be made?

Or will they really not carry it?

I say TW will carry it. Announcement is made late today. Props to Axe for pointing this out a while ago.

sutomcat said:
When is the annoucement that is going to carry the Colgate game live going to be made? Or will they really not carry it? I say TW will carry it. Announcement is made late today. Props to Axe for pointing this out a while ago.

My nightmare is that it gets picked up and gets blacked out on ESPN3. Cord cutters will tell you the game is live and on TV...

Want to go to the game but stuck home watching the kids...

It looks like ESPN 3 is picking up the acc network games. So if you have ESPN 3 you should be good.

EDIT: As a side note, this thread made me realize that my wife and I have tomorrow off and there really is no reason for me to care about the TV availability... Road Trip!!! (From Philly)

DOUBLE EDIT: Tickets bought, hotel booked! (Time to see how the hotel Syracuse reno looks!)

Last edited:
i was hoping directv would show it with the rest of the espn3 games so it would be easier to watch the replay.. no luck with that either.

It's an ACC Network Extra "exclusive".

Not sure if TW can carry.
Does that mean with the advent of the ACC Network, TW coverage of tier 3 SU athletics is done? In the past, TW seemed to televise the football home opener if it wasn't televised by ESPN/ABC and always televised the early season basketball scrimmages.

I thought even before the ACC Network, ESPN owned rights to all tier 3 coverage for Syracuse athletics but would allow TW to cover unattractive events (like Colgate in football, LeMoyne in a basketball scrimmage, SU soccer games, etc.). Did the ACC Network change this?

Does that mean with the advent of the ACC Network, TW coverage of tier 3 SU athletics is done? In the past, TW seemed to televise the football home opener if it wasn't televised by ESPN/ABC and always televised the early season basketball scrimmages.

I thought even before the ACC Network, ESPN owned rights to all tier 3 coverage for Syracuse athletics but would allow TW to cover unattractive events (like Colgate in football, LeMoyne in a basketball scrimmage, SU soccer games, etc.). Did the ACC Network change this?

To be honest I'm not entirely sure. That being said, while everyone has been clamoring for an "ACC Network" people need to understand that there are consequences to that. It may not be in a national media holder's best interest to let a local cable company simulcast a game and potentially undercut the audience that could watch the game on said national media holder's owned platform. :)

But in this case I really don't know what's up.

I understand if ESPN declines requests from TW.

I wouldn't care a bit as long as they televise the event instead.

As a matter of fact, as a customer of Verizon FIOS who gets locked out of TW coverage, I want TW cut out of the business of broadcasting SU Sports. I want universal access to SU's tier 3 content (i.e. anyone with access to the Internet who is an ESPN customer). Let's get this done!

For home games it appears that TW is ACCXN. I'm watching the WSOC game and at half they had the TW announcement of being the official channel for SU sports.

For home games it appears that TW is ACCXN. I'm watching the WSOC game and at half they had the TW announcement of being the official channel for SU sports.

That means TW does a Pregame and Postgame show for football.

So what about Comcast? Aren't they merged with TWC by now?

Have espn3 via the fire stick but most games were blacked out in the region last year on that channel. Anybody know if that will be the case tomorrow? If so, i may delay going to camp and either attend or watch at home until game gets out of hand (confident that will happen).

Have espn3 via the fire stick but most games were blacked out in the region last year on that channel. Anybody know if that will be the case tomorrow? If so, i may delay going to camp and either attend or watch at home until game gets out of hand (confident that will happen).

No blackout tomorrow. It's an ESPN3 exclusive. The only time games are blacked out online are when it's part of an ACC regional broadcast and there's local TV for it on some channel.

You should be going to game...take day off and avoid the nut jobs

You should be going to game...take day off and avoid the nut jobs
You're right of course. A couple of Goose Islands, some forward passes, and voila, I'm in my happy place. If Mrs Peabody can witness a play to win offense we can convert her into a fan.

It looks like ESPN 3 is picking up the acc network games. So if you have ESPN 3 you should be good.

EDIT: As a side note, this thread made me realize that my wife and I have tomorrow off and there really is no reason for me to care about the TV availability... Road Trip!!! (From Philly)

DOUBLE EDIT: Tickets bought, hotel booked! (Time to see how the hotel Syracuse reno looks!)

I'll see you on the NE Extension!

I'll see you on the NE Extension!
The first thing my wife said to me this morning is that I have to promise to "drive calm" on the extension! (She hates that road)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom