Terrel Hunt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Terrel Hunt

From an article about Clemson
see Battle disciplined.

Atlantic Coast Conference Standard football rules said Battle will be suspended for one game and he was also ejected by referees at the game.

That was in an ACC conference game.

Did you watch the video? Completely and totally 2 different scenarios, not even in the same realm of being similar.

Nova player raked the front of his helmet as if he was trying to pull it off. Just an instinctive reaction on Hunt's part. I understand the rules, but I don't blame Hunt.
Well he better get used to it. Because every team we face will now attempt to rip his helmet off.

Nova player raked the front of his helmet as if he was trying to pull it off. Just an instinctive reaction on Hunt's part. I understand the rules, but I don't blame Hunt.

He got cheap shotted with a hit to the head from behind after he was down. He didn't even connect. The penalty should have been for the late hit and/or hit to the head.

He should be suspended for the CMU game, even if it puts us at a disadvantage. The Villanova game was bad enough, if the staff gives him a pass on that BS then that makes me question the staff even more than the Villanova game.

What many of you "he was just reacting to what happened to him" crowd are missing is the message sent to the rest of the team by not suspending him - that if you do this crap you'll get in trouble from the refs but we as the staff will give you a pass. That's as unacceptable as what Hunt did. This isn't about Terrel Hunt - it's about the team. If you guys want to send the message to the entire team that the there are no repercussions from the staff for making a decision like that - then that's your prerogative. Definitely not a team I want to be playing on.

nonsense

He should be suspended for the CMU game, even if it puts us at a disadvantage. The Villanova game was bad enough, if the staff gives him a pass on that BS then that makes me question the staff even more than the Villanova game.

What many of you "he was just reacting to what happened to him" crowd are missing is the message sent to the rest of the team by not suspending him - that if you do this crap you'll get in trouble from the refs but we as the staff will give you a pass. That's as unacceptable as what Hunt did. This isn't about Terrel Hunt - it's about the team. If you guys want to send the message to the entire team that the there are no repercussions from the staff for making a decision like that - then that's your prerogative. Definitely not a team I want to be playing on.

Don't play on the team then.

You do realize kids get arrested, commit rape and get in bar fights as well as get paid at other schools and they don't get suspended. But you want to suspend Hunt for an in game over-reaction that hurt nobody.

Got it but what you are suggesting is insane.

What seems to be missing here is "discipline". The reaction by Hunt shows a lack of discipline. Heck the majority of the team lacked discipline ie. blowing contain. Hunt threw a punch and should have been punished because actions have consequences and that needs to be established for these kids to understand how life works. Most people here are focused on the football aspect but this is more about life. It is up to the coaches to ensure these young adults are being taught the nuances of life.

Stepping off of my soapbox... I don't think anything was severe enough to warrant additional suspensions but I would make sure Terrell knows that he is not entitled to be a starter. He has to be smart on and off the field and continue to work hard to maintain his position like anyone else. The chip on the shoulder can become a boulder if you leave it on there too long.

I am not condoning Hunt's action, but... Did anyone see what the ruffing the passer penalty looked like on the previous play? Espn3 did not show the replay. Was it the same guy that Terrell punched? Was it a truly cheap shot?

That was in an ACC conference game.

Did you watch the video? Completely and totally 2 different scenarios, not even in the same realm of being similar.
A punch and ejection are the same. The rule is not subjective.

You do realize kids get arrested, commit rape and get in bar fights as well as get paid at other schools and they don't get suspended. But you want to suspend Hunt for an in game over-reaction that hurt nobody.

Whatever the league rule is, and I believe it is a game suspension, that should be the punishment. It matters not if the kid was hurt.

An over reaction that hurt noone? Really? Our starting QB gets thrown out of the game in the second quarter with no one on the bench that has even thrown a pass in a game, and that hurts no one? You're nuts.

And I don't give a $&€£ what goes on at other schools, we aren't those schools.

Thank goodness you don't root for an SEC team or FSU. What was your stance on MCW after Lord and Taylor or numerous other bball character issues we've had? There's a reason we are a blue blood in CBB. It's not because we recruit saints.

When shoplifting affects the outcome of a game, you let me know. I'm more peeved this happened on the field then off it.

Last edited:
They said on the broadcast that because it occurred in the first half, there will be no suspension for the next game. I guess the rule is the rest of the half and the next half.

Here is the play:
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=400547815

I'm not sure the defender did anything intentional but you are going to get tossed if you respond in the way Hunt did.

An over reaction that hurt noone? Really? Our starting QB gets thrown out of the game in the second quarter with no one on the bench that has even thrown a pass in a game, and that hurts no one? You're nuts.

So the problem was that he wasn't available to help his teammates in the game and your solution is to make him not available in another game?

We have two weeks until the next game - this looks like a situation where the coaches can impose discipline behind closed doors next week (make him run stairs, clean the locker room, etc.) and get back on board to prepare for the next game.

If the ACC imposes a suspension, so be it, but we don't need to get proactive with it. [I still haven't seen anything definitive on whether the conference can or would review this, or more importantly, when notifications would be made. Unless it's ruled out for sure, Hunt should also lose some first team reps next week.]

Who did it hurt? Was there bodily injury? Was your pride hurt that we didn't won by more points because that is all that happened.

Who did it hurt? Was there bodily injury? Was your pride hurt that we didn't won by more points because that is all that happened.

My pride is hurt because we didn't win by enough points? Where do you come up with this garbage? That's your response to our starting QB making himself unavailable for over half the game because of a lack of discipline? We won because a FCS team missed a 25 yard field goal at the end of regulation and a 2 pt conversion in double overtime. If you think Terrell Hunt not being in the game had no impact on that - you're nuts, and if you think that's an acceptable performance out of this team - you're nuts.

Last edited:
My pride is hurt because we didn't win by enough pouts? Where do you come up with this garbage? That's your response to our starting QB making himself unavailable for over half the game because of a lack of discipline? We won because a FCS team missed a 25 yard field goal at the end of regulation and a 2 pt conversion in double overtime. If you think Terrell Hunt not being in the game had no impact on that - you're nuts, and if you think that's an acceptable performance out of this team - you're nuts.

Obviously I admit that him being out didn't help the team but as I already said, all it did was change the way we won and by how many points. I already admitted that with previous statements like the one above.

I said nothing of the sort about it being an acceptable performance, if I did please show me where?

Your response to our QB making himself unavailable for half a game is to suggest that he be suspended for another whole game?? What are you smoking, I would like some. You do realize that what you are saying is totally contradictory. You are pissed about him being out...yet you want him out longer.

Oh and BTW we won because we scored more points that they did.

Next time I suggest Hunt slap the defender across the face with a glove and challenge him to a duel. Then we'll all know for sure that he's learned his lesson.

cuseguy said:

Shafer said the guy said something too. If he said something about Hunt's Mom (who died of cancer 3 years ago) - I can understand completely. Doesn't make it right - but understandable.

Shafer said the guy said something too. If he said something about Hunt's Mom (who died of cancer 3 years ago) - I can understand completely. Doesn't make it right - but understandable.
That's some major speculation. Let's not start that rumor.

GoSU96 said:
He got cheap shotted with a hit to the head from behind after he was down. He didn't even connect. The penalty should have been for the late hit and/or hit to the head.

That's not really how it happened. I've watched the GIF about 100 times. He wasn't down, guy was just trying to make a play flying to the ball, but it hit Hunt awkwardly around the neck. I think that's what frustrated him, it could have been more serious. But it wasn't late and it wasn't cheap, it was bang bang. People forget how fast this game is played.

Hunt needs to know better, and I'm sure now he does. I'm fine with Shafer calling it over. Whatever the ACC decides, I won't complain.

Whitey23 said:
That's some major speculation. Let's not start that rumor.

Just playing devil's advocate. Guaranteed we don't have the full story.

Agree it's not based on anything substantial.

That's not really how it happened. I've watched the GIF about 100 times. He wasn't down, guy was just trying to make a play flying to the ball, but it hit Hunt awkwardly around the neck. I think that's what frustrated him, it could have been more serious. But it wasn't late and it wasn't cheap, it was bang bang. People forget how fast this game is played.

Hunt needs to know better, and I'm sure now he does. I'm fine with Shafer calling it over. Whatever the ACC decides, I won't complain.
Yeah, I get we want to defend our guy, but he just lost his cool on an incidental play. That's it. Can't happen, and I hope he enjoys getting provoked every game of the rest of his career.

People bitching about Terrel Hunt should at least spell his name right. I'd love to see how well some of you did in your career as a 20 year old. I'm certain no mistakes were made, right?

People bitching about Terrel Hunt should at least spell his name right. I'd love to see how well some of you did in your career as a 20 year old. I'm certain no mistakes were made, right?
Yup... My phone's predictive spelling "feature" (I actually typed "T","e", "r", "r" "e", "l", space, "H", "u", "n"' "t") and the inability for common posters to edit thread titles has the title where it is. My bad.

Similarly, one could respond with "People who bitch about people bitching based on a bad assumption...", but I won't go there. ;)

Last edited:
Yup... My phone's predictive spelling "feature" (I actually typed "T","e", "r", "r" "e", "l", space, "H", "u", "n"' "t") and the inability for common posters to edit thread titles has the title where it is. My bad.

Similarly, one could respond with "People who bitch about people bitching based on a bad assumption...", but I won't go there. ;)

Fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom