Terrence Roberts | Syracusefan.com

Terrence Roberts

As a person that rides his bike roughly 400 miles/month, definitely strikes home. But also, sad if a long time professional basketball player can't afford $8K medical bill.

As a person that rides his bike roughly 400 miles/month, definitely strikes home. But also, sad if a long time professional basketball player can't afford $8K medical bill.
Agree on both counts. I bike commute to work about 450 miles/month here in MD/DC.

Speaking of striking home, a little over 3 years ago I was hit by a car while cycling on West Lake Road just a little south of Mandana, in Skan. Scorecard: 7 fractured ribs, fractured right scapula and since I didn't stick the landing after going over the roof of the car, a shattered left ankle. The little old lady's (seriously) insurance covered all my medical expenses, as NYS is no-fault. Fully recovered physically and emotionally.

Remember, kids, always wear a helmet.

Agree on both counts. I bike commute to work about 450 miles/month here in MD/DC.

Speaking of striking home, a little over 3 years ago I was hit by a car while cycling on West Lake Road just a little south of Mandana, in Skan. Scorecard: 7 fractured ribs, fractured right scapula and since I didn't stick the landing after going over the roof of the car, a shattered left ankle. The little old lady's (seriously) insurance covered all my medical expenses, as NYS is no-fault. Fully recovered physically and emotionally.

Hats off to you for doing those kind of miles on streets, even if they have bike lanes. My miles are almost all on bike trails; you can travel all over Los Angeles and Orange County on dedicated bike paths. But, have still seen crazy motorcycle and even cars on them. Have only gone down once, with minor scrapes(knock on wood.)

Hats off to you for doing those kind of miles on streets, even if they have bike lanes. My miles are almost all on bike trails; you can travel all over Los Angeles and Orange County on dedicated bike paths. But, have still seen crazy motorcycle and even cars on them. Have only gone down once, with minor scrapes(knock on wood.)
Thanks. 90% of my daily commute is on the Capital Crescent Trail, and the rest is with streets with dedicated bike lanes. DC has done a great job with expanding their bike lanes, and we have a wonderful system of bike trails in the area. Ride on!

"If you're out on your bike tonight, do wear white."

The Go Fund me is partially because he has been out of work for 4 weeks, and has a family to support, and I assume he will be out of work a bit longer. So to get him over the hump of this all...
That’s how I read it. He said most of his medical bills were covered (not all) but his real concern was his inability to work till healed.

"If you're out on your bike tonight, do wear white."
Whatever happened to that guy? His talk radio was the best.

Andy Pollie!

Sad to hear this. Does anyone else remember during one of the '04 or '05 broadcasts they mentioned Terrence Roberts' love for mountain biking? Hopefully he can get back on the bike soon.

I love these bike helmets. Getting kids/teens/tough guys to wear a bike helmet can be mindnumbing...

11-year-old me after NYS passed a bike helmet law for kids under 13: "OMG this is horrible I'm going to look like a dork riding around the neighborhood in a helmet."

40-year-old me: "Anyone at any age who rides a bike without a helmet is an idiot."

11-year-old me after NYS passed a bike helmet law for kids under 13: "OMG this is horrible I'm going to look like a dork riding around the neighborhood in a helmet."

40-year-old me: "Anyone at any age who rides a bike without a helmet is an idiot."

Yeah, as a kid (I'm a tad older), we never ever wore helmets, because for the most part, they didn't exist.
And I did a bunch of dumbass Evil Knievel type stuff, that's it's a miracle didn't kill me.

As an adult (supposedly), I've wrecked on my MTB numerous times, and the helmet definitely saved my bacon on more than 1 occasion.

I wear a "brain bucket" 100% of the time while riding, because I don't want to have to relearn the alphabet.
Or worse.

Thanks. 90% of my daily commute is on the Capital Crescent Trail, and the rest is with streets with dedicated bike lanes. DC has done a great job with expanding their bike lanes, and we have a wonderful system of bike trails in the area. Ride on!
My wife and I did that trail for the first time a few weeks ago. Started in Bethesda, had lunch in Georgetown and then rode back. It's so nice.

Yeah, as a kid (I'm a tad older), we never ever wore helmets, because for the most part, they didn't exist.
And I did a bunch of dumbass Evil Knievel type stuff, that's it's a miracle didn't kill me.

As an adult (supposedly), I've wrecked on my MTB numerous times, and the helmet definitely saved my bacon on more than 1 occasion.

I wear a "brain bucket" 100% of the time while riding, because I don't want to have to relearn the alphabet.
Or worse.
One of my first mtb rides in Syracuse was at green lakes. Hit a rut the wrong way and went down hard. Remember seeing the rock raised about 4 inches above ground level as my head passed about 2 inches from it. No, I wasn’t wearing a helmet. As soon as my collarbone fracture sort of healed, I got my first bucket. Won’t ride without one now.

Remember all the hockey players who were grandfathered into not having to wear head gear? (Goalies used to go maskless back in the day!) Crazy times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom