Terrence Roberts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Terrence Roberts

One of my first mtb rides in Syracuse was at green lakes. Hit a rut the wrong way and went down hard. Remember seeing the rock raised about 4 inches above ground level as my head passed about 2 inches from it. No, I wasn’t wearing a helmet. As soon as my collarbone fracture sort of healed, I got my first bucket. Won’t ride without one now.
IMG_2081.png

My wife and I did that trail for the first time a few weeks ago. Started in Bethesda, had lunch in Georgetown and then rode back. It's so nice.
Don't be supporting Georgetown businesses!

I know they never played together, but are TRob and Melo buddies? I know it's tacky to talk about other people's money but I feel like it would be nothing for Melo to help him out if they were reasonably close.

I know they never played together, but are TRob and Melo buddies? I know it's tacky to talk about other people's money but I feel like it would be nothing for Melo to help him out if they were reasonably close.
You think his old coach could pull out a few bills out of his pocket and cover it all.

Too bad TRob isn’t a 4-5 star recruit anymore, otherwise he’d already be taken care of.
It’s like when these WWE guys need a knee replacement after years of service and they have to beg online. Collectives for everything, tens if not hundreds of thousands spent on donations, travel, etc etc for current teams but when they’re gone, FU. Sad.

i ride motorcycle and wear my old lacrosse helmet. i often drive without a seatbelt. i jumped off many cliffs into waters where there might be rocks if you missed.
i don't have kids but not sure i'd make them wear a helmet to ride a bicycle if i did.
not that i didn't love them. but i didn't grow up in an egg carton . and i'm still here.

Last edited:
i ride motorcycle and wear my old lacrosse helmet. i often drive without a seatbelt. i jumped off many cliffs into waters where there might be rocks if you missed.
i don't have kids but not sure i'd make them wear a helmet to ride a bicycle if i did.
not that i didn't love them. but i didn't grow up in an egg carton . and i'm still here.
How many people died that would’ve lived if they wore a seatbelt and or a helmet? I’ve never been in an accident where a seatbelt saved me but I still wear one every time.

Life is all about calculated risk mitigation. Not putting a seat belt on which takes two seconds and increases your chances of surviving a car crash by 45% is the absolute definition of insanity.

How many people died that would’ve lived if they wore a seatbelt and or a helmet? I’ve never been in an accident where a seatbelt saved me but I still wear one every time.
I’ve decided to stop being such a pansy and remove the smoke detectors from my house because I’ve never died in a fire up to this point.

well ...that's the gloomy take. how many people of my generation survived before bike helmets ? many many many many more. most of us lived to tell the tale. why not wear a helmet all day ? you could eliminate head trauma altogether. and wrap yourself in bubblewrap.

well ...that's the gloomy take. how many people of my generation survived before bike helmets ? many many many many more. most of us lived to tell the tale. why not wear a helmet all day ? you could eliminate head trauma altogether. and wrap yourself in bubblewrap.
Would you go without a condom with a Syracuse sweat hog? These are not calculated risks.

Yeah, as a kid (I'm a tad older), we never ever wore helmets, because for the most part, they didn't exist.
And I did a bunch of dumbass Evil Knievel type stuff, that's it's a miracle didn't kill me.

As an adult (supposedly), I've wrecked on my MTB numerous times, and the helmet definitely saved my bacon on more than 1 occasion.

I wear a "brain bucket" 100% of the time while riding, because I don't want to have to relearn the alphabet.
Or worse.
So true. I had a friend die at the age of 29 in a bike accident on a Boston street. She was hit by a car that was speeding but she was not wearing a helmet. She was a musician and artist, a larger than life personality who was beloved by so many. It was just devastating to the extended community of people who knew her. You should I always wear a helmet when riding a bike.

Weird takes. I had an uncle who 10 yrs ago went out on his Harley one morning without a helmet to go to the convenience store 4 mins away. Deer jumped out in front and he ended up into a telephone pole dying on site from head injuries.

My head has a built in helmet called a skull. My body also reflectively protects my head when falling. I'm definitely not a safety nut but I have to consider that the design of my body places huge importance on protecting the head. I still have good balance so I don't even consider a helmet when I ride a bike or skateboard. That could change as I get older and the body declines although its more likely that I would simply chose to no longer participate in those activities. I chose long ago to not ride motorcycles because of the overall danger not just the possible head trauma. There could always be a freak accident on a bicycle but statistically driving or riding in a car is more dangerous. I guess I can see both sides but its up to each person to find that balance for themselves IMO.

BTW I have never required that my children where helmets when doing regular kids stuff outside bikes/scooters/skateboards. One of my daughters was a gymnast flipping in the air and they never wear helmets. Swinging is probably just as dangerous and none of the kids where helmets. Running and tripping again could cause the same injuries. I view it sort of like "where does it end once you start". We have a thin membrane holding our fluids inside anything could end it at anytime. What are you going to do.

My head has a built in helmet called a skull. My body also reflectively protects my head when falling. I'm definitely not a safety nut but I have to consider that the design of my body places huge importance on protecting the head. I still have good balance so I don't even consider a helmet when I ride a bike or skateboard. That could change as I get older and the body declines although its more likely that I would simply chose to no longer participate in those activities. I chose long ago to not ride motorcycles because of the overall danger not just the possible head trauma. There could always be a freak accident on a bicycle but statistically driving or riding in a car is more dangerous. I guess I can see both sides but its up to each person to find that balance for themselves IMO.

BTW I have never required that my children where helmets when doing regular kids stuff outside bikes/scooters/skateboards. One of my daughters was a gymnast flipping in the air and they never wear helmets. Swinging is probably just as dangerous and none of the kids where helmets. Running and tripping again could cause the same injuries. I view it sort of like "where does it end once you start". We have a thin membrane holding our fluids inside anything could end it at anytime. What are you going to do.
This is absolutely horrible logic.

200.gif

This is absolutely horrible logic.
Maybe, but the good news is you get to use your own logic in your own life. I'm fine with the balance I've struck between enjoying life/ understanding that it is inherently dangerous/ and choosing where I'm willing to mitigate that danger and where I am not. More a feel thing than logic for me.

On a side note its humorous to see some of your reactions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom