Texas A&M Band | Syracusefan.com

Texas A&M Band

Bill Orange

Just froze the TV on the wide shot of the band after the game just now to count the tubas:

THIRTY
FREAKING
FOUR

Somewhere, Tomcat is having a cigarette.

aTm is the best college band in the country... And we are begging for money to buy uniforms for ours. Watch that video (which oddly does not really start until about the 1:20 mark). Truly amazing that they execute all those complex formations while actually playing music.

Whatever happened to the Orange Girl?

Disagree cto..the best college bands in the country are at southern and the other black colleges...there is really no comparison. Texas a&m might be americas favortie average white marching band.

Disagree cto..the best college bands in the country are at southern and the other black colleges...there is really no comparison. Texas a&m might be americas favortie average white marching band.
But do they play "Pick up the Pieces" in formation?

Stanford. End of discussion.

Whatever happened to the Orange Girl?

It's a matter of preference. The HBCU bands are mainly show bands. They feature huge bands, lots of high stepping, but fairly simple movements and formations. I prefer core style marching, in the mold of DCI and such much more.

The current orange girl is a senior. Contrary to popular belief she is not on scholarship, and I have no knowledge of wether there is another in the pipelines. The past several have come from the same twirling school.

West genessee high is usually unstoppable from what i hear. I from liverpool though so what do i know

Just froze the TV on the wide shot of the band after the game just now to count the tubas:

THIRTY
FREAKING
FOUR

Somewhere, Tomcat is having a cigarette.

That was awesome Bill. Totally tubular! Thanks for sharing it.

We do need a new Orange Girl for next season. It is a great chance for a talented young twirler looking for fortune and fame.

aTm is the best college band in the country... And we are begging for money to buy uniforms for ours. Watch that video (which oddly does not really start until about the 1:20 mark). Truly amazing that they execute all those complex formations while actually playing music.

You're out of your damn mind. They're not even close.

Stanford, USC, Michigan, Ohio State, Navy, Army, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Texas

Army and navy do have amazing bands..good call. Still nothing better to watch than Army navy game as far as rivalries go. Thats not easy to say considering Syracuse isnt involved in it but its true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom