Texas QB Shane Buechele in the transfer portal | Syracusefan.com

Texas QB Shane Buechele in the transfer portal

Kid is pretty legit. Not sure if we are looking at grad transfer QBs?

Grad Transfer, eligible immediately,

This is not the brief.

The brief is a JUCO or a true FR that can spend a year redshirting.

It is not a 5th-year senior. The keys are being handed to be Tommy. This is not the stage for open competition. In the scheme of things, Tommy has paid some dues. Not in the Todd Philcox way, but in a world where a true FR upended a senior QB on a national championship football team, Tommy is ready heading into his third camp.

I hope we don't touch this kid. It would be baffling if we did. Likely need a bit of a reach; a QB version of Alton Robinson out there. Somewhere.

I think he would be very competitive with Devito.
Not what I was saying. Ive seen him play. He could start for a lot of teams. Im saying he might want to go somewhere where there's a higher percentage chance he starts day 1. Its risky coming to SU where you have to compete with a 3rd year sophomore that knows the system and have won some games. The kid wants to be on the field.

Not what I was saying. Ive seen him play. He could start for a lot of teams. Im saying he might want to go somewhere where there's a higher percentage chance he starts day 1. Its risky coming to SU where you have to compete with a 3rd year sophomore that knows the system and have won some games. The kid wants to be on the field.

University of Buffalo could use a good QB. The Bulls' starter, Tyree Jackson, first entered the portal then declared for the draft. A knowledgeable source stated that he was very interested in SU when considering a transfer.

University of Buffalo could use a good QB. The Bulls' starter, Tyree Jackson, first entered the portal then declared for the draft. A knowledgeable source stated that he was very interested in SU when considering a transfer.
Jackson isn’t good at all watched him in the bowl game was painful to watch . Shane is pretty good Qb .

Jackson isn’t good at all watched him in the bowl game was painful to watch . Shane is pretty good Qb .

Well, I don't think SU was interested, but I wouldn't say Jackson isn't good at all. UB won 10 games, beat Temple and Rutgers at Temple and Rutgers, (I know, I know: rutgers), and Jackson has been selected for the Senior Bowl.

The point was that Jackson is gone and UB could use a good QB that is ready to start.

No, and here's why:
1) We need underclassmen at QB, not a RS Jr.
2) He played as a True Frosh in the same offensive tree as ours, but has played sparingly in a different system for the last two years.

I understand your argument, but , it's not always gonna 100% favor the team transferred to in terms of these qb transfers. These transfers are free agency and good juice for CFB!

Every school wants a frosh or soph qb to develop AND win right away. That's hard ti find and These well qualified grad studs MAKE all the sense in the world:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom