Texas vs. UGA | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Texas vs. UGA

I think you said this before.

The playoff format should be based a logical and fair look at the big picture, not the spin surrounding the results of individual bowl games played under differing circumstances.

Why is Texas getting a little chippy. They are up by 14. And the Texas coach is laughing about it. I just lost a lot of respect for Texas. Not that I really had any respect for them to begin with. 2 targeting calls. Totally not good.

Not liking how Texas losing their composure at the end here. Tom Herman smiling through it all not helping. Looks too smug.

Why is Texas getting a little chippy. They are up by 14. And the Texas coach is laughing about it. I just lost a lot of respect for Texas. Not that I really had any respect for them to begin with. 2 targeting calls. Totally not good.
Great minds think alike! Texas looking bad here.

Would love to see a successful recovery here then a long TD to send it to overtime. Stick it to Texas.

I thought he was laughing at the refs...they can't get out of their own way.

I thought he was laughing at the refs...they can't get out of their own way.
Shouldn’t be laughing at all. Always teaching moments when you are a coach. They were headhunting at the end. No need for that.

It was just bad optics. You had two targeting calls, and a punch thrown by one of your players.

Maybe if he says it enough, he'll think that his opinion will transform into fact.

It's comical when people make statements of opinion as a matter of fact. The committee got it 'wrong' this year, they left out Ohio State...this is a fact. ;):)
Ohio state lost by 4 touchdowns to a Purdue team or more. That’s not a playoff team. Period. No way to spin that it should be either. Just means they are number 5.

Ohio state lost by 4 touchdowns to a Purdue team or more. That’s not a playoff team. Period. No way to spin that it should be either. Just means they are number 5.

Agree that Ohio State didn’t deserve it. Their A game though is only behind Bama so I am super glad they didn’t have a chance to steal another championship like when they lost to a crap VA Tech team.

See here is thing I hate margin of loss factors in these narratives.
Teams can just chit the bed one week because of turnovers or penalties.
Style points really shouldn’t matter if you play a hard schedule.
Style points should only really matter for teams like UCF who don’t play hard schedules.

If you are a P5 champion and only have 1 loss you should be a playoff
Contender even if that one loss is by 50 points.

Ohio State was a better team than Oklahoma just because they could actually play defense some weeks. They got shredded no doubt but the talent on Ohio State was better than Oklahoma.
Style points did keep Ohio State which if that was Northwestern with Ohio State’s resume people would want Northwestern in the playoffs.

See here is thing I hate margin of loss factors in these narratives.
Teams can just chit the bed one week because of turnovers or penalties.
Style points really shouldn’t matter if you play a hard schedule.
Style points should only really matter for teams like UCF who don’t play hard schedules.

If you are a P5 champion and only have 1 loss you should be a playoff
Contender even if that one loss is by 50 points.

Ohio State was a better team than Oklahoma just because they could actually play defense some weeks. They got shredded no doubt but the talent on Ohio State was better than Oklahoma.
Style points did keep Ohio State which if that was Northwestern with Ohio State’s resume people would want Northwestern in the playoffs.

Excellent post!

Style points is foolish. FWIW, OSU at Purdue was close going into the 4th quarter, and then they just collapsed. As you mentioned, it was one game, it happens. And, quoting some of our SU hoops posters, "it was their Superbowl."

Fact is, they went 13-1. And, most who are crapping on OSU are because they can't be objective due to their strong dislike for the Buckeyes and the B1G.

OK looked great on D all year and bad on O.
OSU looked great on offense about half the games and bad on D about half the games.

not sure one was better than the other but I think OK would beat OSU if they played a best of 7 because Ok would show up on offense 7 times and who knows what OSU would do.

OK looked great on D all year and bad on O.
OSU looked great on offense about half the games and bad on D about half the games.

not sure one was better than the other but I think OK would beat OSU if they played a best of 7 because Ok would show up on offense 7 times and who knows what OSU would do.
Kansas scored 40 points on Oklahoma.

We are talking Kansas.

Oklahoma State/West Virginia/Texas basically everyone shredded Oklahoma defensively.

Ohio State was shredded by Purdue and Maryland.
They weren’t good no doubt but the eye test told us Ohio State was better than Oklahoma but Oklahoma got in because of the narrative Oklahoma’s loss wasn’t as bad as Ohio State’s so Oklahoma belonged in.

Urban wasn't getting in this year, if it could be helped. Bad visual for CFB

I think we had the right field for a 4 team playoff. That doesn't mean it should have been a 4 team playoff. Georgia had 2 losses and had already lost to Alabama. Oklahoma had the same record as Ohio State but had beaten the team that beat them. If Ohio State had played Purdue in the Big Ten title game, they would have been equal to Oklahoma but they had to play Northwestern.

It looks like a let down game for the Dawgs, they don't appear to want to be there...interesting commentary when they spoke about having to sit starters (UGA) the first couple days of practice because of a lack of hustle, thats showing up 10 fold tonight...
Why is it always considered a "let down" when a SEC top team is losing? It is just that Texas has a better game plan on how to stop Georgia. Georgia didn't deserve to be in the final four but doesn't mean they are not one of the top teams in the country. Just like Ohio State, Texas, etc...

Why is it always considered a "let down" when a SEC top team is losing? It is just that Texas has a better game plan on how to stop Georgia. Georgia didn't deserve to be in the final four but doesn't mean they are not one of the top teams in the country. Just like Ohio State, Texas, etc...

let down meaning they thought they should be in the playoffs and above playing in the Sugar Bowl

It looks like a let down game for the Dawgs, they don't appear to want to be there...interesting commentary when they spoke about having to sit starters (UGA) the first couple days of practice because of a lack of hustle, thats showing up 10 fold tonight...
Guess they also had a letdown game against LSU earlier in the year.

I don't buy this logic-They looked like they were playing hard to me. I hate when pundits have to rationalize their perception by saying the team they picked lost because they didn't care. Maybe they're not as good as thought and maybe Alabama didn't want to appear in the SEC Championship with nothing to gain, making Georgia look better than they are.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom