Thamels Has Babers Top UMD Option | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Thamels Has Babers Top UMD Option

Dude. College football is Risk and Game of Thrones rolled up into 1. Once you compromise and collapse an enemy's flank, you go for the kill with an attack on their center. Hellooo Michigan and OSU, your days are numbered.

Thanks for the attempt at humor, Couscuse.

As I read your last few posts they brought to mind Rutgers Al and his Don Quixote imitation.

It was kind of an insult to the term hot take.

How did Penn State survive during our ‘87 - ‘98 run?
They were not top dog Chipie.

Thanks for the attempt at humor, Couscuse.

As I read your last few posts they brought to mind Rutgers Al and his Don Quixote imitation.
Are you equating Syracuse football with Rutgers? The Orange have legitimate reasons to think big.

Agree with this.

Plus the nexus of football power has been drifting further and further South.

I don't know about Stanford, but we can be Duke. Great basketball, very good lacrosse and good football. Or we can be Virginia. Or UNC.

Agree with this.

Plus the nexus of football power has been drifting further and further South.

I don't know about Stanford, but we can be Duke. Great basketball, very good lacrosse and good football. Or we can be Virginia. Or UNC.

Duke? They have literally gone winless multiple times. They have had like 5 winning seasons in the last 30 years. 3 of them in a row and fairly recently. I’m not sold. We should have way higher aspirations than trying to be Duke football.

No Couscuse. I am not.

I am equating you with RutgersAl.

You aren't into the sauce this morning, are you?
Not yet. Just trying to alter the narrative to the correct one.

Syracuse has been a great power twice and it's happening again. No other eastern school has all the intangibles that SU has, other than Penn State. BC no, Pitt, always second fiddle in Pa., Rutgers, Temple, UCONN, UMASS---Nada. They are using their media power to put the kibosh on our third dynasty.
download (1).jpeg

He’s right that SU is something special in the east.

PSU will still keep rolling regardless of what we do. But we have a higher ceiling than BC, UMASS, UCONN, Buffalo, Army, Navy, Rutgers, Temple, UMD, and Pitt. That’s not to say that we will always beat those teams (Pitt has had our number for a long, long time), but my money is on is when we’re “on,” even if they’re also “on.”

Then you can explain to me why Dino is on that list, at the top, when their is 0.000% chance of him taking the coaching job at that defunct institution? It makes no sense on it's face, does it?
He did it to get suckers like us to click on the article.

He’s right that SU is something special in the east.

PSU will still keep rolling regardless of what we do. But we have a higher ceiling than BC, UMASS, UCONN, Buffalo, Army, Navy, Rutgers, Temple, UMD, and Pitt. That’s not to say that we will always beat those teams (Pitt has had our number for a long, long time), but my money is on is when we’re “on,” even if they’re also “on.”
Yeah, but the media is being used to put the kibosh on our third dynasty?

Thamel with these words -
"Syracuse has been at the forefront of the college football conversation this season since blowing out Florida State in the Carrier Dome in September. They’ll have consecutive showcase games in the next two weeks, as they host the remaining remnants of the Louisville program in an ESPN game on Friday night. If the Orange win that game, they could well be deep into the Top 15 by the time the take on the Irish in Yankee Stadium.

Syracuse’s won’t flinch, as it led at Clemson for most of the game earlier this season and ranks No. 14 in the nation in total offense. Nearly every fan will be rooting for Syracuse, as a victory could knock Notre Dame out of the College Football Playoff and potentially open the door for a one-loss conference champion – think Oklahoma, Michigan, West Virginia or Washington State – or a team that loses in the conference title game."

Thamel with these words -
"Syracuse has been at the forefront of the college football conversation this season since blowing out Florida State in the Carrier Dome in September. They’ll have consecutive showcase games in the next two weeks, as they host the remaining remnants of the Louisville program in an ESPN game on Friday night. If the Orange win that game, they could well be deep into the Top 15 by the time the take on the Irish in Yankee Stadium.

Syracuse’s won’t flinch, as it led at Clemson for most of the game earlier this season and ranks No. 14 in the nation in total offense. Nearly every fan will be rooting for Syracuse, as a victory could knock Notre Dame out of the College Football Playoff and potentially open the door for a one-loss conference champion – think Oklahoma, Michigan, West Virginia or Washington State – or a team that loses in the conference title game."

"remaining remnants"

Looks like Thamel's using the same editors he had at the P-S back in the day. Woof.

Michigan needs Notre Dame to lose, which is very bad from a conspiracy theorists point of view.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom