Thank you Bill Walton | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Thank you Bill Walton

vince vaughn dodgeball GIF

A few more Walton anecdotes from his Clipper days…

During the baby Clipper years (Odom, Miles, Richardson, Dooling, etc.), he would ask, “Where would the Clippers be without Sean Rooks?” at least once per game.

There was a stretch when Michael Olowokandi finally started playing like a former #1 overall pick. At the beginning of one of those games, Walton joked that Staples Center was located on Michael Olowokandi Boulevard.

The Ralph Lawler/Bill Walton duo is the best NBA commentating team in the history of western civilization. They could make any game entertaining.

"My least favorite part of basketball is when the guy with the biggest butt wins or a guy that plays 1 vs 9".

?????
The second part was referring to Judah playing 1 on 5, and thus hurting his own team as a result - so it's 1 vs 9.

The first part was either an unrelated aside that he doesn't like it when the strongest players win just using strength, or more likely, he was calling Judah a selfish ass.

think bill was impressed with Mcleod . judah not so much.

Love Bill. When I lived in So Cal used to see him on Sundays in San Diego for brunch jamming with electric waste band and have run into him at all sorts of shows from big ones to local bar bands. He's always been extremely friendly.
Had a buddy that used to email with him back and forth about Greatful Dead memorabilia and he was super cool. I’d read the emails and they were just awesome.

"When I think of Boris Diaw I think of Beethoven in the Age of the Romantics."

"Shaq makes everyone else in the league look like Michelle Tafoya.”

“If Eric Piatkowski continues playing at this level, he’s going to replace Jerry West on the NBA logo.”

“Why is Scottie Pippen taking a charge? Taking a charge is for people with no game!”

Brad Nessler: “And Samaki Walker enters the game.”
Walton: “So THIS is what it’s come to?”

Definitely against the majority here, but I'm with you. When I saw him on the opening shot at the broadcast desk I said to myself "oh no". Just my opinion.
I totally get he’s not for everyone, but I giggled at the “oh no” when you saw him lol.

Did he drop any lyrics this afternoon?

Any West [of] L.A. Fadeaways?

Any Lost Sailors out there?

Love the guy.

I have the replay on now, but after the first 10 minutes I could tell it wasn't going to be close.

"When I think of Boris Diaw I think of Beethoven in the Age of the Romantics."

"Shaq makes everyone else in the league look like Michelle Tafoya.”

“If Eric Piatkowski continues playing at this level, he’s going to replace Jerry West on the NBA logo.”

“Why is Scottie Pippen taking a charge? Taking a charge is for people with no game!”

Brad Nessler: “And Samaki Walker enters the game.”
Walton: “So THIS is what it’s come to?”
The Boris Diaw quote is truly one of the greatest shoots in announcing history. I joke with my friend about that years later.

A few more Walton anecdotes from his Clipper days…

During the baby Clipper years (Odom, Miles, Richardson, Dooling, etc.), he would ask, “Where would the Clippers be without Sean Rooks?” at least once per game.

There was a stretch when Michael Olowokandi finally started playing like a former #1 overall pick. At the beginning of one of those games, Walton joked that Staples Center was located on Michael Olowokandi Boulevard.

The Ralph Lawler/Bill Walton duo is the best NBA commentating team in the history of western civilization. They could make any game entertaining.
Bingo! Also can't forget Lawler's Law: first team to 100 wins!

The second part was referring to Judah playing 1 on 5, and thus hurting his own team as a result - so it's 1 vs 9.

The first part was either an unrelated aside that he doesn't like it when the strongest players win just using strength, or more likely, he was calling Judah a selfish ass.
I think he was talking about Charles Barkley posting up.

If I'm watching a game of consequence, there is no way I want him on the call. For a game like ours today, he's fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom