Thank You Coach Hopkins | Syracusefan.com

Thank You Coach Hopkins

While I am sad he will never be the HC of his beloved Syracuse Orangemen, I am very happy for Coach Hop.

Congrats to him on landing this job and best wishes for success in Seattle. I will root for the Huskies as long as he is the HC there!

Both Headmaster9 & I have mixed emotions about the events of today. While we are happy for Coach Hop to have this great opportunity, we are equally sad to see him go. He would often approach us at away games and thank us for traveling to support the team. It was not something he had to do but willingly did & I honestly can say traveling will not be the same without seeing Coach Hop (not in a bad way...just different).
We too will have a new team to follow, and will make a point to travel to see them play when the opportunity allows.
Thank You Coach Hop for everything you have done for the University, the city of Syracuse, and for Headmaster9 & I.

Between his contributions as a player and all that he brought as an assistant coach, you can make the case that Hop deserves to be in the discussion for the hypothetical Syracuse Mount Rushmore. 4 gritty years as a player and then 4 Final Fours as an assistant. I know that it's tough to compare that to a Dave Bing, Derrick Coleman, Carmelo, Pearl, or GMac, but I think his contributions to the University will be understated by most if not all when all is said and done. The Program and our fan experience was much better for the better part of a quarter century because of Mike Hopkins, and I wish him the best of luck.

It's getting more difficult to dislike Duke. Coach K speaks very highly of JAB (Post Game Presser 2017) and Hop. He's alright in my book! I apologize if this has already been posted but I don't have 2 hours to go through every post of every thread. Let's Go Orange!

Coach K.jpg

Best of luck, coach Hop.
Awesome. I have this in the car right now. Now, thanks to Teeeee, I'll never hear it the same way again!

Best of luck Coach Hop! We need to organize a trip up there to see Hop, especially for us west coasters. We are a little closer to SU hoops now. Wouldn't it be great to have a whole section of Orange fans at UW.

Hopkins sent me a personalized Holiday card in 1996 when I was in 8th grade, and I've loved him ever since. For the simple reason that this wife was a secretary in my Dad's office, and heard that I was a hardcore fan who stayed up until the wee hours of the morning to watch the Rainbow Classic in Hawaii.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom