Thank You Everyone for a Great UVA Tailgate! | Syracusefan.com

Thank You Everyone for a Great UVA Tailgate!

Crusty

Living Legend
Sorry this report is tardy, but I guess better late than never.

Mrs. Crusty and I had a great time seeing old tailgate veterans and meeting new ones. It’s great to be Orange!

We had 124 at the UVA tailgate at Charlottesville, which was held at the University Hall (BB Arena) parking lot about one mile from the stadium. Shout out to UVA who gave us good seats at a discount and set up a special online sales window for our group.

Far too many people to thank so forgive me for any omissions. However, I would be remiss not to thank the following.

Cusejuicy brought canopy, grill, propane, table, cooler and ice, beer, wine, appetizers condiments and supplies – a veritable tailgate family! Most importantly, Cusejuicy brought Mrs. Cusejuicy, Linda, who did yeoman service on the grill. Great job Linda, especially the guacamole. (Cusejuicy mainly ate and drove Linda home.)
mrs Cusejuicy Linda.jpg

Stephanie (Mrs. CBomb) and son, worked tirelessly at the grill as well– thanks Steph.

Consigliere brought beer (thanks for the UC), and ran the much anticipated and suspicious 50/50, which set a record. Like the Federal Reserve, Rand Paul wants an audit. Good luck with that Rand.

Shout out to #Hardnosed, CUSU, FLorange44, jkm54, Orange_in_Va, OrangeMon, Ozcuse (who grilled non-stop –amazing artisan sausages), RayinVa, Reilly35, and Shenexon who came to the rescues by running to Walmart to get a couple of much needed tables.

It was great fun connecting with Florange44 and the Utica contingent. Small world.

Thanks to Mrs. Crusty (Alyce), who like Mrs. Cuicejuicy, did all the work for the family.

And, of course, to our leader and Super Fan TexanMark without whom none of this would be happening.

Last edited:
Great time as always! We had a great time despite the heartbreaking end to the game.

Thanks especially to Mr. & Mrs. Crusty. You guys are wonderful. The name tags were a wonderful touch. I've gotten to the point in my life that the game & tailgate experience are almost as important as a win or loss. I got to hang out with my daughter, who had a wonderful time, and over 100 people that share an obsession. It was a wonderful tailgate. I felt bad for the team and especially the players for the outcome but the day was wonderful from multiple perspectives. I got to meet Steven Clark's family and admire any family that has so much personal involvement in the games. I'd love to be at Florida State, Louisville, and/or NC State but know there will be many there to represent my interests. Texanmark, thanks for coordinating SU fan visits to away games. Your efforts are appreciated...

We left Virginia and made a pledge to make one away game per year. Clemson next year, Baton Rouge in 2017![/QUOTE]

I highly recommend this approach. We've been doing that for 14 years now. We've seen some great stadiums, great college towns, some great golf courses. Met a lot of Cuse fans and a lot of rivals as well. It's been a blast. I can only imagine how much better it will be once we start winning!

Florange44

Crusty-
Thank you for all the effort in arranging this. And thank you to Alyce for being so friendly and welcoming and hard working.

My crew couldn't believe all the CNY foods available. They were very impressed.

I enjoyed the football talk, it's not often I speak face to face with someone with the same obsession. The Utica boys loved the trip down memory lane too. I still don't believe that guy could put a golf ball through two doorways and hook it onto the green though.

We are planning on Wake next year. Maybe that will mean golf at Pinehurst prior. Will need your guidance on where to play.

Thanks again for everything.

Florange44

Crusty-
Thank you for all the effort in arranging this. And thank you to Alyce for being so friendly and welcoming and hard working.

My crew couldn't believe all the CNY foods available. They were very impressed.

I enjoyed the football talk, it's not often I speak face to face with someone with the same obsession. The Utica boys loved the trip down memory lane too. I still don't believe that guy could put a golf ball through two doorways and hook it onto the green though.

We are planning on Wake next year. Maybe that will mean golf at Pinehurst prior. Will need your guidance on where to play.

Thanks again for everything.

Florange44
Let us know. Alyce is buddies with the Bell family who own Pine Needles and Mid-Pines, both Donald Ross courses across the street from each other. Maybe she can get you a free golf tee or something!
They have houses right on the course you can rent. Great if you want to do cookouts and/or play cards.

http://www.pineneedles-midpines.com