Thanks for the campus and gameday information | Syracusefan.com

Thanks for the campus and gameday information

CajunTiger

Walk On
I know it has been a few days but I am just getting home from the trip north to Syracuse. We went to Montreal first and then have taken our time heading back home. Wish we would have played South Carolina this weekend or some other SEC road game as it would have been awesome to stay on the road for another week.

Thanks for the information on RV parking that I requested a number of months ago. SkyTop parking worked out well for us. It was easy to locate and then easy to depart from on Sunday. Getting to and from the Carrier Dome was truly a blessing. We travel to all the LSU games along with the home games. Not only LSU officials, but many (like all) of the other SEC schools should take a lesson from Syracuse University about crowd and traffic control before and after a game.

I enjoyed meeting the Syracuse fans and can honestly say I did not come across a bad person during our stay on campus. The Carrier Dome atmosphere was great and much louder than I anticipated.

So, again, thanks for the information. Best of luck the rest of this season and I hope you guys take the time to make the trip south in a couple of years.

Oh man, good call going to Montreal. Had my very first beer there. Basically haven't stopped drinking since, but that's neither here nor there. Love that city.

Anyway, glad you folks enjoyed the trip. Thanks for being part of the LSU contingent that, from what I can tell, was almost entirely cordial and a fun group to have in CNY!

For those of us who have been around "here" since the beginning, I'm trying to remember if we ever had a better group of opposing fans visit our board?
nope we haven't. Ever. One can only judge a fan base by what they see in the opposition (fan's, coaches and players alike).

Here's what I saw: literally every single one of the many fans I met up here from LSU was as nice and cordial, respectful AND knowledgeable re football as could be. And this was the report I heard from everyone I know too. Literally every poster I saw on this board was the great. On their own board most were cut from the same cloth as far as I could tell, with the expected exception of a few posters there with some bad behaviors (shocker in this day and age but far less than usual).

Then I see their number one star almost other worldly player tweet out a picture of #44 in the rafters with a message to the effect of "thank you Jim Brown, Ernie Davis and Floyd Little for making it possible for people like me", followed by the comment that we're the original running back U who wouldn't want to come here. This instead of being all full of himself as he could and probably should be rather he's just the opposite.

Then after a TD run in the game and our overzealous and frustrated cb tries to stupidly knock the ball out of his hand well after he's entered the end zone, this class act takes the high road and doesn't engage our guy or show him up as he could of. I hope he wins the Heisman and I will be pulling for him (and LSU) all year long.

Then furthermore after a hard fought game in which the program earned some well deserved respect the coach on the other side showed an unbelievable amount of, oh I don't know how to phrase it, other directedness, and care for our emerging program by taking a knee to end the game when he could have just as easily rammed it in and let his potential Heisman winning RB get another 7 yards to break some records. This is really surprising to me in this day and age anywhere let alone a southern coach with a shot at the NC this year in an area where football is religion. He didn't care. I applaud Les Miles, his team and their fans.

So I have Mad respect for the Mad Hatter and everything we've seen from LSU.

Last edited:
nope we havent. Ever. One can only judge a fan base by what they see in the opposition (fan's, coaches and players alike).

Here's what I saw: literally every single one of the many fans I met up here from LSU was as nice and cordial, respectful AND knowledgable re football as could be. And this was the report I heard from everyone I know too. Literally every poster I saw on this board was the great. On their own board most were cut from the same cloth as far as I could tell, with the expected exception of a few posters there with some bad behaviors (shocker in this day and age but far less than usual).

Then I see their number one star almost other worldly player tweet out a picture of #44 in the rafters with a message to the effect of "thank you Jim Brown, Ernie Davis and Floyd Little for making it possible for people like me", followed by the comment that we're the original running back U who wouldn't want to come here. This instead of being all full of himself as he could and probably should be he's just the opposite. Hope he wins the Heisman.

Then after a TD run in the game and our overzealous and frustrated cb tries to stupidly knock the ball out of his hand well after he's entered the end zone, he takes the high road and doesn't engage our guy or show him up as he could of.

Then furthermore after a hard fought game in which the program earned some well deserved respect the coach on the other side showed an unbelievable amount of, oh I don't know how to phrase it, other directedness, and care for our emerging program by taking a knee to end the game when he could have just as easily rammed it in and let his other wordly RB get another 7 yards to break some records. This is really surprising to me in this day and age anywhere let alone a southern coach with a shot at the NC this year in an area where football is religion. He didn't care. I applaud Les Miles, his team and their fans.

Well said Mike. LSU just oozes class, all round

OburgOrange said:
Well said Mike. LSU just oozes class, all round
couldn't agree more... LSU got a new fan, I will root for them every week except one more in 2017. I actually wish we could play them more. I sat next to a bunch of great guys!

Then furthermore after a hard fought game in which the program earned some well deserved respect the coach on the other side showed an unbelievable amount of, oh I don't know how to phrase it, other directedness, and care for our emerging program by taking a knee to end the game when he could have just as easily rammed it in and let his potential Heisman winning RB get another 7 yards to break some records. This is really surprising to me in this day and age anywhere let alone a southern coach with a shot at the NC this year in an area where football is religion. He didn't care. I applaud Les Miles, his team and their fans.

Great observation. I felt the same way in the moment. Class move by Miles. Not only for the reasons you listed, but Miles could have also "run up" the score there for the polls and national perception. A 17 point win looks a lot more dominating/impressive if you didn't witness the game. It reminded me of something P would have done.