That win was fantastic | Syracusefan.com

That win was fantastic

JrodCuse

All Conference
It felt so good to be able to whole heartedly root for the team again. I know that sounds weird but when you just know that a coach isn’t the guy and the only way for the move to happen is by losing that’s a damn weird space to occupy rooting for a college team.

I think one day we’ll look back with fondness for Dino. It was a shame he changed from what he was in the beginning.

But congrats to coach Nunz, the players and the staff. Great win and feels good to be bowling.

Whether we get Dan F’in Mullen or The Chez, I think we’ll be in good hands and excited for 2024 in a way that wouldn’t hVe been there if Dino was retained.

It felt so good to be able to whole heartedly root for the team again. I know that sounds weird but when you just know that a coach isn’t the guy and the only way for the move to happen is by losing that’s a damn weird space to occupy rooting for a college team.

I think one day we’ll look back with fondness for Dino. It was a shame he changed from what he was in the beginning.

But congrats to coach Nunz, the players and the staff. Great win and feels good to be bowling.

Whether we get Dan F’in Mullen or The Chez, I think we’ll be in good hands and excited for 2024 in a way that wouldn’t hVe been there if Dino was retained.
That is exactly how the last 4-5 basketball seasons felt for me.

Yeah he did.
Nobody wanted Dino more than me and I supported him all the way until the BC game. However, his record is really impossible to defend. Conference record is the most important metric and Dino won only 20 in 8 seasons for an average of 2.5 per season. Shafer won 17 in 3 seasons or 3,5 per season.

Dino inherited a slew of talent and doesn’t leave any better than he found. He got Dungey and leaves CDRW.

I don't know a single metric that supports the argument that he has left anything behind.

Villari's post game comments about culture and discipline is telling. He leaves behind an undisciplined team with a soft culture.
Whoever is the next head coach will have to fix both and it will take time.

Nunzio way better than Dino

I wouldn't say WAY better, but Dino loses that game, without a doubt...

Best of both worlds results for the team and remaining coaches, given the circumstances.

Hat's off to them.

Nobody wanted Dino more than me and I supported him all the way until the BC game. However, his record is really impossible to defend. Conference record is the most important metric and Dino won only 20 in 8 seasons for an average of 2.5 per season. Shafer won 17 in 3 seasons or 3,5 per season.

Dino inherited a slew of talent and doesn’t leave any better than he found. He got Dungey and leaves CDRW.

I don't know a single metric that supports the argument that he has left anything behind.

Villari's post game comments about culture and discipline is telling. He leaves behind an undisciplined team with a soft culture.
Whoever is the next head coach will have to fix both and it will take time.
The roster is better. Every position group on defense is better. Remember all the smurf comments about the secondary under Shafer? I would say the RB room is improved. Oline is about the same. WR may be a little worse, we probably don't have any Ismael studs but the depth of talent is probably better, and we don't have a Dungey caliber QB. The cupboard is fuller than when he arrived, assuming no mass exodus.

The roster is better. Every position group on defense is better. Remember all the smurf comments about the secondary under Shafer? I would say the RB room is improved. Oline is about the same. WR may be a little worse, we probably don't have any Ismael studs but the depth of talent is probably better, and we don't have a Dungey caliber QB. The cupboard is fuller than when he arrived, assuming no mass exodus.
Some same this with no factual evidence. Shafer left a very good foundation. In fact many of the players below were the foundation of Dino's 10-3 season and that is just an irrefutable fact.

QB was better and deeper
Eric Dungey
Zack Mahoney

RB same
Moe Neal 10th all-time recruited by Shafer
Donate Strickland
Jordan Fredericks

OL was better
Evan Adams recruited by Shafer
James McGloster starter
Omari Plamer starter
Aaron Roberts starter

WR & TE was a lot better and deeper
Steve Ishmael 2nd all-time
Jamal Custis
Brisly Estime
Sean Riley recruited by Shafer
Ervin Phillips 1st all-time

DL was better
Chris Slaton starter
Steven Clark starter
Kayton Samuels starter

LB same to marginally weaker
Zaire Franklin NFL
Paris Bennett starter

ST was much better
Cole Murphy PK
Sterling Hofrichter P
Ervin Phillips R
Brisly Estime R

My family roots for the Orange 100% no matter who is coaching the team.

Yesterday was a great win - and a lot of fun.

Last edited:
The staff looked better coordinated yesterday. No second guessing. All for one and one for all.
Other than the unnecessary roughness call on the sideline and the loss of points near the goall line at halftime and some OL penalties

Last edited:
Clawson finally started Kern at QB and that made Wake a whole different and way better team. Kern made so many great throws and runs, I can't figure out why he didn't make the change way earlier in the season. And their defense played hard all game, the tackle at the end of the first half was an outstanding play. Their entire team played all out all game, they were 4-7, but they didn't play like that, they played more like an 8 win team. Winning against them was a really great win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom