The “ Stadium “ | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The “ Stadium “

I think it's inevitable that it gets a corporate sponsor's name.
You just have to hope they can get a sponsor whose name isn't ridiculous.

KFC YUM! Center is ridiculous.

Citifield not so much

Yankee Stadium is Yankee Stadium but it is 'sponsored' by Bank of America and there is lots of signage everywhere there I believe (not a Yankee fan - I don't go there)

So it could be The Jim Brown Arena sponsored by Chase Bank or something like that.

The Premium Saltines Dome?

What if we got a naming rights deal to the entire sports complex? Arch, the womens building, manley, Ensley, etc...?
Then you could do something like The Carrier Dome at _____ Sports Complex, for example. Something like that could solve the issue and keep the deal with Carrier in tact.

The Premium Saltines Dome?

What if we got a naming rights deal to the entire sports complex? Arch, the womens building, manley, Ensley, etc...?
Then you could do something like The Carrier Dome at _____ Sports Complex, for example. Something like that could solve the issue and keep the deal with Carrier in tact.

The Carrier Dome at Oedipus Complex

Unless you're a City of Louisville taxpayer who doesn't care about basketball.
I am a metro Louisville taxpayer but I do care about basketball. Many people care about basketball around here, although too many are misguided and are UK fans here, not just in Lexington. Regardless, it is a very cool facility inside, not just the actual court and stands.

A little off topic but I’d like to see Pearl have something named after him. Melo has the practice facility so it’s only fair to do something great for Pearl. Obviously Melo donated money to make it happen but Pearl was equally important to the program. Ok, carry on.

Would be cool to have someone come in to buy the naming rights and then ask for it to be the "Pearl Dome"

I am a metro Louisville taxpayer but I do care about basketball. Many people care about basketball around here, although too many are misguided and are UK fans here, not just in Lexington. Regardless, it is a very cool facility inside, not just the actual court and stands.
I'm talking about the cost of the building, which, I have read, is borne more by the city than by the university.

Would be cool to have someone come in to buy the naming rights and then ask for it to be the "Pearl Dome"
If the new r**f is still going to be rounded/bubblish, just “The Pearl” would work for me. But has there ever been an arena named for a player?

If the new r**f is still going to be rounded/bubblish, just “The Pearl” would work for me. But has there ever been an arena named for a player?

Allen Fieldhouse
Rupp Arena

But they were both players and coaches.

Kinnick Stadium at University of Iowa. Nile Kinnick was the 1939 Heisman Trophy winner who was killed on active duty in World War II.

Last edited:
I hope they keep the Carrier name for as long as possible. It’s part of the Cuse identity. With that said, Boeheim needs to be honored in a significant way when he retires. At minimum, we need a statue.

Statues aren't doing well these days. You never know when the man-to-man movement might radicalize and decide to cancel zone defense.

“ Orange Pearl “

Kinnick Stadium at University of Iowa. Nile Kinnick was the 1939 Heisman Trophy winner who was killed on active duty in World War II.
The life and athletic career of SU's own Wilmeth Sidat-Singh were eerily similar to Kinnick's. Both lived 1918 to 1943, both died on training flights. Both football stars, but our guy was also a basketball standout. I'm fairly certain Sidat-Singh didn't receive any Heisman votes. What's wrong with this picture?

Statues aren't doing well these days. You never know when the man-to-man movement might radicalize and decide to cancel zone defense.

peaceful protestors might destroy the statue. You’re right

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom