The ACC Digital Network Continues to Expand | Syracusefan.com

The ACC Digital Network Continues to Expand

Btstimpy

Scout Team
I know many here are interested in this stuff. Here's a recent article comparing how the ACC Digital Network compared with the equivalent in the other conferences this fall season. The ACC DN is the most widely viewed, and the ACC partnered with a company named NDN that is supposed to help with monetization of this stuff. I'm not sure how, but it will be interesting.

http://beforeitsnews.com/sports/201...nue-generation-around-the-corner-2544538.html

Thanks for the update Btstimpy but I'm not sure if it'll work better than Delaney's quest of "Getting every CRT in the nation watching the Big 10".

Thanks for the update Btstimpy but I'm not sure if it'll work better than Delaney's quest of "Getting every CRT in the nation watching the Big 10".

Delaney's quest isn't getting the CRTs watching the Big 10. His quest is to get all the cable subscribers to pay the Big 10. They don't have to watch. The Digital Network is not a substitute for a cable channel, but it is another outlet to show live game and events to viewers.

Delaney's quest isn't getting the CRTs watching the Big 10. His quest is to get all the cable subscribers to pay the Big 10. They don't have to watch. The Digital Network is not a substitute for a cable channel, but it is another outlet to show live game and events to viewers.

I know, I was just busting his arrogant chops a bit but you are right, he wants the cable boxes. Why else would you pick one of the worst schools at college sports in history?

I love the Roku ideas and the like. Breaking down eyeballs and getting advertisement money may be an issue with that...getting solid numbers on who is watching.

I love the Roku ideas and the like. Breaking down eyeballs and getting advertisement money may be an issue with that...getting solid numbers on who is watching.
It's actually easier. The client apps call home whenever an online stream is requested. Similar things can be, and are, done by the MSOs (cable, satellite, telco) when possible. No such information is available when tuning to a local station using their OTA signal.