The ACC Network Broadcast Blows | Syracusefan.com

The ACC Network Broadcast Blows

cpatrocks

Starter
  • The Announcers are JV
  • The Clock can't handle Tenths of a second.
  • The Studio is just plain embarrassing
  • They had no clue that the Dome has no A/C
  • They had an ad from the evil Koch brothers on the screen the whole time.
  • All the other ads are for restaurants and stores that don't venture north of the mason-dixon line.
I hope we get ESPN3 from now on.

• The Announcers are JV
  • All the other ads are for restaurants and stores that don't venture north of the mason-dixon line.
there really is a southern bias

• The Announcers are JV

It was laughable. They were absolutely terrible

You beat me to the punch. The clock thing was unreal. According to one of the screen shots, a Wake player actually played last week against Rhode Island.

In addition to his anti-SU bias, Tommy Bowden can't speak. He bumbles along like Lou Holtz. At least old Lou has age as an excuse; Tommy is just a stupid redneck who received none of his old man's charm. He "predicted" SU would fail to make a bowl this year. Here's hoping we shove that prediction down his throat.

I liked the part where the showed the SU facilities, yet the large banner across the bottom third of the screen covered the field in every shot. I'm pretty sure my kid could edit that segment better than these guys with the ACC Network. The league really needs an upgrade here.

• The Announcers are JV

They sounded flat out disappointed during Ishmael's TD.

bojangles_crop.jpg

• The Announcers are JV
------------

They couldn't pronounce Dungey's hometown of Lake Oswego, Oregon, and finally gave up trying.

Last edited:
Fox Sports 1 is worse yet. Check out the Miami vs FAU game footage. They weren't even calling the game in person, they kept referring to "here in Los Angeles".

The coverage was not good, don't really have a problem with the advertising, considering their target audience is mostly in the south.

HD, decent sound, wide screen, no weird camera things. Thought it was pretty good for ACC network coverage. I don't listen to the halftime anyway. I don't need to hear someones interpretation of a game they barely paid attention to when I watched the whole thing.

All the ads were local for me except for boojangles. Who cares though, they are commercials. I wasn't expecting them to away or show me some pet store I didn't know existed 30 minutes from my house.

We used to get Dave Sims and John Congemi every week in the Big East. I got no problem with the ACCN crew. They aren't elite but they aren't the worst.
I just want to win games.

I dont care if charles manson does pbp and rosie odonnell does color. Who cares. If i can watch it im good

Make this happen please. That would be entertaining as ----.

The best fast food joint you cannot get in CNY. Although I'm really more of a Zaxby's dude, the artery-clogging breakfast sandwiches in concert with Botato Rounds are a can't miss heart attack if enjoyed with morning regularity.

Watch it. My dog gets excited every time he sees that Bojangles bag come home with a sausage and egg biscuit...he gets the egg.

My golden retriever loves those occasional drive-through trips, he knows he will be rewarded handsomely.

Ok so I'm in Charlotte the "home" of the ACC Network Broadcast and it was on our CBS affiliate here (Directv) and the game cuts away with like 7 minutes left of a 10 pt game for the start of the SEC game of the week (Georgia). It flashed on the screen that they would be cutting away and I understand having to go to CBS' national broadcast, but my issue is that the backup channel that flashed on the screen to go to was blacked out. I tried quickly getting on the watchespn app and that was also blacked out. Eventually after screwing around for awhile I was able to pull it up on my computer and stream the last minute from acc.com feed. Kind of annoying that here in Charlotte the "ACC game of the week" gets cut away and there are no viable TV options to watch the remainder of the game on.

They really butchered the names. Right off the bat.

I can only assume they did the same thing with the Wake roster.

Came off as lazy to me.