The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 118 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I honestly see alot of similarities in the boards. I'll take my public flogging for this. That board is significantly more low brow - but - the arguments on each side of the coin with similar situations are pretty comparable.

Finwad32 said:
I honestly see alot of similarities in the boards. I'll take my public flogging for this. That board is significantly more low brow - but - the arguments on each side of the coin with similar situations are pretty comparable.

Yep. Probably the case on all sites... Makes sense.

Really? I mean they are justifying the offers going out to kid with D 2 offers. Flipping of ODU and DU commits etc, i dont recall this board ever sugar coating on the levels that i read going on over there. When Ash's name was leaked here, the board went full meltdown. There was no "support the coach no matter what" mantra. Kids with literally no other offers etc. I see the diamond in the rough posts here, but nothing like what i see there.

Really? I mean they are justifying the offers going out to kid with D 2 offers. Flipping of ODU and DU commits etc, i dont recall this board ever sugar coating on the levels that i read going on over there. When Ash's name was leaked here, the board went full meltdown. There was no "support the coach no matter what" mantra. Kids with literally no other offers etc. I see the diamond in the rough posts here, but nothing like what i see there.
Then you're not looking. Same stuff.

De-commits - we pulled the offer.
No other offers - Diamonds in the rough, fits the system, trust the staff, from an area not highly recruited, size limitations, bla bla bla - all the same exact crap.
Ash - There were supporters, albeit a far less amount, but there were supporters.

Look - Like i said, I love some Rutgers misery, I'll dine on their tears any time or place. But, outside of the number of posters who are blatantly negative towards kids specifically and what the mods allow over there, alot of the sentiment is the same.

EDIT - If our mods didn't clean up as much as they do, and constantly police as much as they do, I can rattle off 15-20 posters in a couple minutes who would write the same low brow material should they be allowed to.

Syracuse has asshats just like NJ.

Ash will be a train wreck there, IMO.

I don't want him to be a train wreck. Because that means they'll be forced to dump him quick and maybe they'll actually hire someone good (even if by accident).

I want him to just be slightly below average. Just a 4-6 win team that everyone forgets about. He pops in there with a 6/bowl game every couple of years to save his job.

That would be perfect.

Then you're not looking. Same stuff.

De-commits - we pulled the offer.
No other offers - Diamonds in the rough, fits the system, trust the staff, from an area not highly recruited, size limitations, bla bla bla - all the same exact crap.
Ash - There were supporters, albeit a far less amount, but there were supporters.

Look - Like i said, I love some Rutgers misery, I'll dine on their tears any time or place. But, outside of the number of posters who are blatantly negative towards kids specifically and what the mods allow over there, alot of the sentiment is the same.

EDIT - If our mods didn't clean up as much as they do, and constantly police as much as they do, I can rattle off 15-20 posters in a couple minutes who would write the same low brow material should they be allowed to.

Syracuse has asshats just like NJ.

That's right. With the exception of their feeling like being in the B1G is like some special right to be part of the football elite, there isn't a ton of difference. They believe that their conference affiliating regardless of how many losses it yields is some badge of honor(we have a few of those here as well).

I think the mods here keep this place from getting too negative at times which they don't do over there. Otherwise same banter just different flags flown

It does at times. We are really big on calling low level recruits diamonds in the rough, yet bashing them at other schools. Generally this board gets back to reality pretty quick which is good. But from the outside looking in it probably isn't a great look having a 3k message long thread about a team that we don't play anymore, but who really cares.

Thank you for your contribution to the length of this thread.

image.jpeg

"Ash has only said publicly that he plans to run a multiple offense that will "be exciting and it's going to be fun to watch."

Yeah, I'm betting this is going to be an epic fail next year.

24 consecutive B10 losses in hoops after tonight. Northwestern holds the record at 28.

Someone please tell Delaney that I enjoyed watching his network this evening. Ineptitude brought me there.

24 consecutive B10 losses in hoops after tonight. Northwestern holds the record at 28.

Someone please tell Delaney that I enjoyed watching his network this evening. Ineptitude brought me there.
I watched it too. Illinois tried their hardest to out Rutgers Rutgers, but in the end, the one true Dumpster Fire burned brightest.

"So here is the question of the day we go from Pro set to the spread and 2 WRs drop Rutgers for two inferior academic and athletic (football wise) that also run a spread. What was Ash selling that the WR did not want surely not getting more catches in the spread.
Oh yes mr mack I hope you enjoy getting your ass wiped by RU and I could say Ash did not push hard on mack as an 11 hour sneaking out the back door tells me you are the type of "character" player we are NOT looking for!"

How is Indiana inferior in either category. Rutgirls has Cantor there.

retro44 said:
"So here is the question of the day we go from Pro set to the spread and 2 WRs drop Rutgers for two inferior academic and athletic (football wise) that also run a spread. What was Ash selling that the WR did not want surely not getting more catches in the spread. Oh yes mr mack I hope you enjoy getting your ass wiped by RU and I could say Ash did not push hard on mack as an 11 hour sneaking out the back door tells me you are the type of "character" player we are NOT looking for!" How is Indiana inferior in either category. Rutgirls has Cantor there.
Cantor is at Rutgers Newark, which has its own sports teams - not football though.

retro44 said:
"So here is the question of the day we go from Pro set to the spread and 2 WRs drop Rutgers for two inferior academic and athletic (football wise) that also run a spread. What was Ash selling that the WR did not want surely not getting more catches in the spread.
Oh yes mr mack I hope you enjoy getting your ass wiped by RU and I could say Ash did not push hard on mack as an 11 hour sneaking out the back door tells me you are the type of "character" player we are NOT looking for!"

How is Indiana inferior in either category. Rutgirls has Cantor there.

Did he really say "ass wiped by RU"? Like Rutgers wipes asses? Sounds like a job worthy of an RU guy.

Apparently Ash also just switched his WR and RB coaches today. The WR coach will now teach RB and vice versa. Wonder if it had anything to do with their WR recruiting issues. Particular timing, to say the least.

Last edited:
ash's presser was a cya all the way. massive excuses. he at this point is in over his head---and seems disjointed. i hope that is the case --as we need jersey guys. babers presents infinitely more mature and confident. if it comes down to a closer on a recruit---ash vs babers----we win.

Rutgers is about to break a record set by Northwestern?

I am duly impressed.

Northwestern has been in the Big Ten since 1895 and Rutgers is already breaking their records for futility.

In regards to that presser, this was in that thread.

I'm sorry, I had to bring this over, it made me spit my coffee out this morning.

"Schiano & Flood both slaughtered the English language. Terrible syntax, improper word usage, & incorrect grammar."
"We went to one of those Rutgers kids camps a while back

Greg signed my sons picture "2023 committ"

Ugh.. I still wince. A coach should know how to spell commit"

13 Yesterday at 6:18 PM

Cantor is at Rutgers Newark, which has its own sports teams - not football though.
she is and it is a good fit for her ----mentality and modus operandi, as she is all inclusive despite qualifications for admission

Did he really say "ass wiped by RU"? Like Rutgers wipes asses? Sounds like a . . . . job worthy of an RU guy.
I guess they were forced to move to that because the job of pi$$boy was ended by the French Revolution. :cool: