The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 271 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I'll give you PSU but say shenanigans on Pitt.
Syracuse to PSU - 232
Syracuse to Rutgers - 237
Syracuse to BC - 306
Syracuse to Pitt - 361

When I looked earlier I admit I was lazy and looked at the drive times. Rutgers was 9 min closer than PSU even if it is 5 more miles away

You are right I was thinking Pitt to Buffalo, my bad lol and I also thought Rutgers was further then 237 miles. I was also lazy and did not look it up...

Nope. I hate the following franchises/programs and forever will:

Rutgers
Louisville
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
Notre Dame
West Virginia
PSU
Virginia Tech

BTW-one of these teams is not like the others...

CRAP! Nobody told there was a test.

I usually just pick C, but this time I am going with A, Rutgers, because the others have at least won and made noise in football.

Nope. I hate the following franchises/programs and forever will:

Rutgers
Louisville
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
Notre Dame
West Virginia
PSU
Virginia Tech

BTW-one of these teams is not like the others...

Listen here, buddy boy. I know this is a ‘laugh-at-Rutgers’ thread, but this is still a Syracuse fan site. Next time you make a list of teams you hate, you include Georgetown.

To get blown out by Kansas the way they did. Holy crap. They are among the worst programs in Division 1; FCS included.

Sorry - it was a football only list. I will be happy to add the dirty POS Colorado Avalanche to my list as well as those nasty Hoyas! Seriously, I think the A on the Av's jersey stands for .....
Fdf7st.gif

Ped State is closer and so is Pitt, otherwise spot on!

Pitt may be closer to you in PA, but not to Syracuse. Syracuse to PSU (231.5 miles) or RU (239.5) is 4 hours. SU to Pitt (361 miles) is about 5 1/2.

Pitt may be closer to you in PA, but not to Syracuse. Syracuse to PSU (231.5 miles) or RU (239.5) is 4 hours. SU to Pitt (361 miles) is about 5 1/2.
Yes we sorted out us being lazy by not looking up numbers a bit ago lol
Yeah being in south central PA messed me all up

I think we need to combine all rutgers related stuff here. So if you want to rant about any if the litany of issues they're having, do it here.

Including:

1) the lying AD
2) the never ending list of football decommitts
3) former coach Schiano setting the Buccaneers back to the stone ages
4) their BB teams annual suckiness
5) the ongoing bullying issues that are present in their athletic programs
6) Kyle floods general incompetence
7) rutgers fan reactions to any of the above

I'm sure theres more, but frankly I can't keep up. Instead of 15 threads, we should just post it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rutgersal 2018 football preview

I could not resist. His annual preview is a tradition.

Actually, I am pretty fun at parties, and your comment made me laugh. I'll still stick to my point. The energy of this thread will dissipate when it is absolutely clear that SU is thoroughly superior to Rutgers, which has not been all that obvious through the Robinson and HCSS years.
Nah you're missing the point of this whole thread. It has nothing to do with how good Syracuse is or isn't. It has to do with how much Rutgers sucks and always will. It's pretty clear.

The reason you’re wrong is that this has nothing to do with being insecure or thinking of them as a rival.

They are funny and their ability to step on the rake day after day is unmatched. I joke about hating them - but it’s reallly just kind of like a reverse national natural monument, if said monument was a dumpster fire you were tasking clowns to put out*. That’s it.

*edit: while a group of fans insist that it’s not a dumpster fire with clowns trying to put it out - thus becoming part of the exhibit.

I have much respect for you as a poster, but we disagree here. If we go 8-4 this year, and win a bowl game, this thread dries up. It doesn't disappear because some women's coach in a minor sport at RU will inevitably require athletes to shave their heads. That's who they are. I get that. What I don't get is the fascination with this board at an also-ran program who has no business being in the Big Ten except that OSU and UM want to recruit in New Jersey. Hiring a FB coach is so critical. Robinson looked the part and nobody at SU could have guessed that he would set the program back for a decade plus. At our nadir, we were worse, much worse, than Rutgers. Thank God for Dino, but Dino would have never come here unless we had the legacy of Brown, Davis, Little, Csonka, McPherson, McNabb, Mackey, Monk, Harrison, and so many others.
For a while we were so bad that we needed to find a program in worse shape than we were to make fun of. Rutgers was the obvious place to go. This thread is a vestigial of our worst days. The sooner it dissipates the better.

I have much respect for you as a poster, but we disagree here. If we go 8-4 this year, and win a bowl game, this thread dries up. It doesn't disappear because some women's coach in a minor sport at RU will inevitably require athletes to shave their heads. That's who they are. I get that. What I don't get is the fascination with this board at an also-ran program who has no business being in the Big Ten except that OSU and UM want to recruit in New Jersey. Hiring a FB coach is so critical. Robinson looked the part and nobody at SU could have guessed that he would set the program back for a decade plus. At our nadir, we were worse, much worse, than Rutgers. Thank God for Dino, but Dino would have never come here unless we had the legacy of Brown, Davis, Little, Csonka, McPherson, McNabb, Mackey, Monk, Harrison, and so many others.
For a while we were so bad that we needed to find a program in worse shape than we were to make fun of. Rutgers was the obvious place to go. This thread is a vestigial of our worst days. The sooner it dissipates the better.

It's been explained many times by many posters. This thread will never go away.

No worries! We can disagree.

There are 2 kinds of posters - those who see the length of this thread and think “wow, we’re obsessed with them - must be a rival” and others who see the thread and think “Rutgers run of funny/bad decisions is epic. Lol”

That 2nd kind of poster combined with the continual rake stepping of Rutgers athletics is why it won’t go away

CRAP! Nobody told there was a test.

I usually just pick C, but this time I am going with A, Rutgers, because the others have at least won and made noise in football.
When in doubt, always go with C. Always.

So, your team's off to a poor start. Is it time to worry? - FootballScoop

Rutgers (1-2)
Season to date: Win over Texas State (35-7), losses to Ohio State (52-3) and Kansas (55-14)
Time to panic? Yes. Losing by 40-plus to Ohio State is expected in Piscataway, even acceptable. Losing by 40-plus to Kansas is not. The Jayhawks officially and emphatically passed the torch as the worst Power 5 program to Rutgers on Saturday, and as such Rutgers must evaluate how much progress has been made in the 7-20 Chris Ash era.

In 2012 we were 8-5, won a share of the BE, and won a bowl game. In 2013 we were 7-6, a new member of the ACC, and won another bowl game. People at that time said this thread needed to go away. It didn't and it won't. Just because a handful of people think they are above making fun of Rutgers doesn't mean the rest of us simpletons are. I mean dude......

Rutgers_Bus.jpg

OMG, thank you! Loved it when he used to post his previews on this board. That said, disappointed he only has 6 NFL draft picks and 2 All-Americans identified on the team. Seems like an annual low, doesn't it? :D
10-2 is definitely a down year compared to his usual prediction.

But I understand why. Their future HOF QB is only a frosh so there will be some growing pains.

This is with Rutgers at home. Wow. I would still bet on Buffalo with the points.

We should root for Rutgers. This might be Buffalo's interview game. B1G has been hoped to use their resources to make Buffalo New York State's flagship and take New York state entirely because Buffalo is AAU school. We don't want to see Buffalo go to B1G.