The bball on a ship trend needs to go

this is not a poll

• Poll choice...

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Poll choice...

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
I don't like novelties with my sports.

If that makes me a " nancy" to you, so be it.

I think you're a Nancy for getting worked up about my dislike of this dumb gimmick.
I think fans who would rather an event not happen because they don't know how to use their cable guides are Nancies. Guilty as charged.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Are these Africans being chased by Dick Vitale holding his glass eye in his hand and an empty socket while shouting "dipsey doo blood diamoroo! " I guess I just don't get your metaphor or what it has to do with basketball or entitled whining fans.

I'm calling you a whining fan.

I think fans who would rather an event not happen because they don't know how to use their cable guides are Nancies. Guilty as charged.

Selective reading at it's finest, as that is far from the only reason I gave.

And this isn't about just our game... I don't like it, period.

I don't like novelties with my sports.

If that makes me a " nancy" to you, so be it.

I think you're a Nancy for getting worked up about my dislike of this dumb gimmick.
How did that forward pass and three point shot work out for you then? Must have driven you crazy.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

How did that forward pass and three point shot work out for you then? Must have driven you crazy.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

All this because I prefer my bball games to be played...not on a ship. So I'm getting that I "must've voted for Romney, didn't want to play in the Carrier Dome, and hate the 3 pointer and forward pass". LOL. Some of you are real pieces of work. No need to read into it or make any of these leaps.

I'll say it again in hopes that my statements and feelings can be left at this...playing a real game that counts on an outdoor ship is dumb. The original idea was dumb, the bandwagoning of the idea is dumb, and this gimmick needs to go away.

I haven't heard one reason why it's a good idea. The only attempt was the "honor the services". Everything else is a bunch of childish namecalling, and ridiculous "you must've" leaps. I can't help but wonder if some of you would go at the board's sacred cows in the same manner.

All this because I prefer my bball games to be played...not on a ship. So I'm getting that I "must've voted for Romney, didn't want to play in the Carrier Dome, and hate the 3 pointer and forward pass". LOL. Some of you are real pieces of work. No need to read into it or make any of these leaps.

I'll say it again in hopes that my statements and feelings can be left at this...playing a real game that counts on an outdoor ship is dumb. The original idea was dumb, the bandwagoning of the idea is dumb, and this gimmick needs to go away.

I haven't heard one reason why it's a good idea. The only attempt was the "honor the services". Everything else is a bunch of childish namecalling, and ridiculous "you must've" leaps. I can't help but wonder if some of you would go at the board's sacred cows in the same manner.

So what I'm hearing you say is that you don't support the military and our troops? ;)

For what it's worth, I reeeealy wanted to leave that winkie guy off there just to see if your head would explode.

...And let's hope it's not windy, because then it's completely changing the game.

If we're being honest, a wind helps Syracuse WAY more than San Diego St.

Shooting over the 2-3 zone with winds of 8-10MPH or more makes this game a lock for 'Cuse before it ever starts.

Hockey rinks have ice on them - there is no ice in San Diego.
ice becomes moisture . . . and it is raining in SoCal right this minute, so there is certainly moisture in Dago.

FWIW, I don't have any beef about playing a game on an aircraft carrier. should be a fun experience. my only concern is in this particular extraordinary situation, in which there is a potential safety issue.

If we're being honest, a wind helps Syracuse WAY more than San Diego St.

Shooting over the 2-3 zone with winds of 8-10MPH or more makes this game a lock for 'Cuse before it ever starts.

That may very well be true. But I don't feel like "wind" should ever be a factor in a college BASKETBALL game that counts. I mean, that's ridiculous whether it hurts us or helps us.

I think the game on a ship is a stupid gimmick that judging by the sponsorship issues and weak ticket sales "jumped the shark" after last years game. However, I don't begrudge the players wanting to play in it if they are truly fired up about it and don't have any complaints about inconvenience to me as a fan (that's easily solved by not planning to attend), it is what it is, but I do think its over hyped and kind of dopey.

And by the way, if you want it to be about honoring servicemen/women and giving something back to them, then hold the game in in a huge indoor arena (or outdoor court) on a base or near a base and give all servicemen/women that want to attend tickets. By holding it on the carrier I think you've probably severely limited the number that can be in attendance.

Aside from thinking its kind of dopey, my two biggest issues with the game are (i) as Moqui raised above, the unnecessarily heightened risk of injury and (ii) the possibility that the weather changes the dynamic and outcome of the game.

By the way I think the countdown clock needs to be changed.

Exactly right on every point.

And I don't care about any minor inconvenience that might come my way as a television viewer.

Ohio State - Marquette cancelled. GTown-Florida stopped.

How many of you who went at me will turn into said " nancies" and complain if our game gets cancelled? I know for any rabid SU fan, having the long awaited first game postponed or cancelled is torture. Wouldn't have to worry about this BS if we played indoors like bball is supposed to be played.

Glad to see these games turning into a mess. Should put an end to this stupid gimmick. I just hope none of our players get hurt.

Ohio State - Marquette cancelled. GTown-Florida stopped.

How many of you who went at me will turn into said " nancies" and complain if our game gets cancelled? I know for any rabid SU fan, having the long awaited first game postponed or cancelled is torture. Wouldn't have to worry about this BS if we played indoors like bball is supposed to be played.

Glad to see these games turning into a mess. Should put an end to this stupid gimmick. I just hope none of our players get hurt.

Waaaaaaaah. Baby cranky.

Waaaaaaaah. Baby cranky.

Actually, I was laughing HARD watching these dumb games turn into a disaster yesterday.

A simple "you were right" will suffice. An explanation for why you seem almost personally offended that I hate this gimmick would be nice too.

Yeah, so I think its a cool idea to play games in front of the troops and all that, but if this kind of stuff can regularly become an issue, then i say trash these games

You want a special experience? Go to a Jimmy Buffett concert; otherwise Bball should be played indoors....I'm just waiting for the annual game at Rucker Park to start.

Actually, a game at Rucker Park is a pretty cool idea. Make it an exhibition game of course, but it would probably be televised and get a lot of publicity. However, it would be in the state of New York so would need to be classified as a home game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom