The Ben Lewis Report | Syracusefan.com

The Ben Lewis Report

OrangeAl

2023 Cali Award Receiving Touchdowns
So, you ask, how did Ben Lewis play on Saturday?
I saw him in for three plays. Two of them were kickoffs that went right over him for good yardage.
The only play from scrimmage that I saw him in was the dropped pass to Estime. Ben had his man all locked up upfield.
The conclusion is that Ben completes his assignments and should get more time from here on.

The most unanimous commentary we've heard since Saturday is how Jerome needs to play more, Estime needs to play more, Morris needs more touches, Hunt should get a series and now Ben Lewis.

Maybe the issue with McDonald was drawing up a gameplan with 15 guys on the field.

So, you ask, how did Ben Lewis play on Saturday?
I saw him in for three plays. Two of them were kickoffs that went right over him for good yardage.
The only play from scrimmage that I saw him in was the dropped pass to Estime. Ben had his man all locked up upfield.
The conclusion is that Ben completes his assignments and should get more time from here on.

Mrs. Lewis??

The most unanimous commentary we've heard since Saturday is how Jerome needs to play more, Estime needs to play more, Morris needs more touches, Hunt should get a series and now Ben Lewis.

Maybe the issue with McDonald was drawing up a gameplan with 15 guys on the field.

It's not a bad idea. We could definitely get both QBs out there at the same time. That would solve a lot of people's problems.

If forced back to 11 by the NCAA and their stupid rules, then we could just use the 3 OL that everyone likes and make up for it that way.

While we're at it can we get Beckett Wales a few more targets as well?

I say we lateral the ball at least three times on every play. That way every player touches the ball. Kinda like a coach wanting a certain amount of passes before shooting in basketball.

Mrs. Lewis??
No, but I do root for him. He played at Middletown, MD, where my brother-in-law is on the coaching staff.

Reactions: 007
I say we lateral the ball at least three times on every play. That way every player touches the ball. Kinda like a coach wanting a certain amount of passes before shooting in basketball.

Five passes before a shot!!!

I would like to see Toga get some touches as well.

Really like Ben Lewis. Great blocker who has fly traps for hands and can run a good route. Would like to see him more. WR blocking is a huge thing.

Welsh to slot. The guys got hands and is like a tank running down the field. How we are not using him on both sides of the ball is baffling.

Welsh to slot. The guys got hands and is like a tank running down the field. How we are not using him on both sides of the ball if baffling.

I will tell you what, Welsh looks like real deal for sure, very athletic, great motor, two productive years at SU, he has Sunday potential

I will tell you what, Welsh looks like real deal for sure, very athletic, great motor, two productive years at SU, he has Sunday potential

He's the classic example of what hard work can do for you as a football player. Lightly recruited, no one thought too much of him. Great example for the younger players, and probably some of the older ones too.

If only we could get coaches who watch these guys practice for a number of times, knew the strengths and weaknesses if each player and the opponent, and actually wanted to win game, rather than simply wanting to frustrate people by not playing their favorite players, Syracuse might have a chance to win.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom