The BIG 4K | Syracusefan.com

The BIG 4K

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
For my 4000th post, I guess I'll ramble a little bit. For starters, a couple nuggets I've heard over the past handful of weeks...

DB & Staff - some interesting things that have been going on here. The school's been working on an endowment to fund staff salaries/increases. Long story short, they made a decision internally long before the Clemson game on what they wanted to do and started working on it.

My understanding is that Dino really wants to put roots down here and build something. Save a big program coming in and writing a check we can't match, I think Syracuse would get every opportunity to respond, and they would in turn do whatever to keep him. I think there's a pretty strong commitment on both ends.

He's our guy, embrace the process.

Renovation - details are a little more sparse here, but my understanding is that internal buy-in to what needs to be done is greater than ever.

We haven't heard anything on the Done Reno, because quite frankly, they're not where they need to be financially and it's most likely still going to be a bit.

With that being said, I've heard that the plan is Reno all the way. Individual seats bringing capacity to 44k, AC, hard-top, expanded concourse and field level club 44 in addition to some nifty other things.

I'm excited to see how we finish the year. You've got to keep building. Some tough breaks this year for a tough football team.

I'm going to enjoy the ride from here on out.

4,000 posts, holy schnikes I've wasted so much time of my life immersed in this community! Thank you for making it enjoyable boys and girls!

With that being said, I've heard that the plan is Reno all the way.

I like everything in your post except for this one sentence. My daughter's fiance has been offered a job by the University of Nevada and my wife and I are not too happy about the prospect! We are keeping our fingers crossed for Georgia.

Glad to get some perspective that is coming from someone solid. Great things are happening. I'm excited about football again. It's been years since I felt good about it and it's nice to know Dino is trying to stay and AD is working to make it happen.

For my 4000th post, I guess I'll ramble a little bit. For starters, a couple nuggets I've heard over the past handful of weeks...

DB & Staff - some interesting things that have been going on here. The school's been working on an endowment to fund staff salaries/increases. Long story short, they made a decision internally long before the Clemson game on what they wanted to do and started working on it.

My understanding is that Dino really wants to put roots down here and build something. Save a big program coming in and writing a check we can't match, I think Syracuse would get every opportunity to respond, and they would in turn do whatever to keep him. I think there's a pretty strong commitment on both ends.

Renovation - details are a little more sparse here, but my understanding is that internal buy-in to what needs to be done is greater than ever.

We haven't heard anything on the Done Reno, because quite frankly, they're not where they need to be financially and it's most likely still going to be a bit.

With that being said, I've heard that the plan is Reno all the way. Individual seats bringing capacity to 44k, AC, hard-top, expanded concourse and field level club 44 in addition to some nifty other things.

I'm excited to see how we finish the year. You've got to keep building. Some tough breaks this year for a tough football team.

4,000 posts, holy schnikes I've wasted so much time of my life immersed in this community! Thank you for making it enjoyable boys and girls!

I look forward to your 4,444 post. Thanks for the insight.

Nice. I've only heard stories of the McDLT. I'm only halfway there but I'll predict that my 4oooth will be a stretch male-to-female Lookalike Thread comparison.
The packaging was a bit much. If you ordered them for the whole family, the bag had to go in the trunk to fit.
mcdlt-box.jpg

Hearing Dino likes it hear and wants to put down roots just made my day, my year! Thank you for sharing. Awesome freaking news.

Love it. Happy to support the Dino endowment -- great idea. I think he's the best possible fit for us, growing pains and all. We'll never compete on a pure talent level -- we need a scheme and identify. Fastest game on turf in a Dome will sell. People will show up for winning and high scoring offense with an identity. Just give it time.

Hopefully they add LED lighting to the dome and then they can have cool pregame ceremonies for basketball and football. Be the only school in the country with something like that for football.

How Dino enters the Dome in 2020

This is a fantastic post. Thanks for all the info.

Regarding your sentence I put in bold, this has been my biggest concern regarding Dome renovations. I'm fairly certain they are going to have to get (or beg) NY State to kick in a fairly hefty amount of $$$ to get the renovation ball rolling. Just not enough athletic donors like some of the big State schools.

Great 4k post. Thank you for the info you provide and the pro Cuse spirit!

Hopefully reno is designed to maximize revenue...club seats, club lounge - somehow figure out how to do that for both hoops and football..new Giants stadium is sterile but that club seat and lounge layout is how it should be done...tougher for hoops since hoops club seats and lounge would be in the end zone...

I like everything in your post except for this one sentence. My daughter's fiance has been offered a job by the University of Nevada and my wife and I are not too happy about the prospect! We are keeping our fingers crossed for Georgia.
UNR baby!!! My alma mater. Reno is a great city. It's not like Vegas. It is in the sense that there is a large gaming area downtown, but it is much more residential looking than Vegas. You'll love visiting. Tahoe a half hr away, San Francisco is close, and the Sierra Nevada's are absolutely beautiful. I plan on moving back when I retire.

UNR baby!!! My alma mater. Reno is a great city. It's not like Vegas. It is in the sense that there is a large gaming area downtown, but it is much more residential looking than Vegas. You'll love visiting. Tahoe a half hr away, San Francisco is close, and the Sierra Nevada's are absolutely beautiful. I plan on moving back when I retire.

Nice to hear some (real) positive words about Reno. It is so far away, but my wife is a California native and we haven't visited that part of the country in a long time so this will be the incentive we have needed.

That's good to hear. It makes sense.

Probably doesn't hurt that the guy with the office down the hall has been here since the mid 60s, loves the area and is being allowed to coach into his mid 70s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom