The Bubble | Syracusefan.com

The Bubble

Rage4CUSE

2018-19 Iggy Hoops NCAA Tourney Record
Huge win for SU last night regarding the bubble. St. Joes whose been ahead of us most of this time on the bubble just lost to St. Bonnie's last night by 9 or 10. Great comparable between the two of us now with us having the advantage.

I think the bubble this year is going to be hard to predict this year. Duke for example is sliding awfully close to the bubble, and their next 5 games are no cake walk either. I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy our team continue to grow as we get geared up for the postseason.

Interesting to note. Our great 2012-13 team which went to the final 4 had by Feb 4, 2013 played just 3 ranked teams. This team has already played 7 ranked teams and its record against them is 4-3. Few other "bubble" teams can match our level of competition.

The committee will note this performance come March.

I think the bubble this year is going to be hard to predict this year. Duke for example is sliding awfully close to the bubble, and their next 5 games are no cake walk either. I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy our team continue to grow as we get geared up for the postseason.
Lets be real, can Duke ever be on the bubble? Would the NCAA/committee ever allow it? Can anybody remember the last time they did not make the tourney?

SBU72 said:
Lets be real, can Duke ever be on the bubble? Would the NCAA/committee ever allow it? Can anybody remember the last time they did not make the tourney?
You're definitely not wrong but if they struggle to get past 20 wins this year I could see it being at least a conversation even if they get in undeservingly.

Kentucky missed the tournament in 2013. The NCAA will not give blue bloods unworthy bids. Duke is not going to miss the tournament they have a really hard schedule and have enough wins to get in.
They are going to struggle down the stretch but short of them losing out they will get in.

Have to think that enough mention has been made about Jefferson being out that the committee will take that into account when/if he's back for the tourney. And with Jefferson back in the lineup, there's no way Duke would be considered a bubble team unless they just completely crap the bed the rest of the way.

The last time they didn't make it was the infamous Coach K back problems year in 94/95.

The last time they didn't make it was the infamous Coach K back problems year in 94/95.
Which makes one ask if the team floundered because he wasn't coaching or if he took the year off because he knew the team wasn't that good.

Which makes one ask if the team floundered because he wasn't coaching or if he took the year off because he knew the team wasn't that good.

I'm sure his drive is the same as JB, even 20 years ago. I don't think there is any indication that he gave up, save UNCheat folklore.

I think his team was 9-3 before he left. I'm not sure of the specifics (losing trend? etc) but it didn't seem like a loser looking at that record.

Kentucky missed the tournament in 2013. The NCAA will not give blue bloods unworthy bids. Duke is not going to miss the tournament they have a really hard schedule and have enough wins to get in.
They are going to struggle down the stretch but short of them losing out they will get in.
Kentucky is not Duke. Kentucky also missed in 2009. That's twice in the past 20 years. Duke not at all in 20 years. Last one was 1995, 21 years ago.

Kentucky is not Duke. Kentucky also missed in 2009. That's twice in the past 20 years. Duke not at all in 20 years. Last one was 1995, 21 years ago.
To be fair, only two of those years could they be considered on the bubble going 8-8.

Kentucky is a bigger blue blood than Duke. Duke had 0 NC before Coach K who has won 5.
If the committee would use blue blood status to put Duke in they would use it to put Kentucky in.

If the bubble team isn't worthy they don't get in.

You know its been a tough year when we are being compared to the Bonnies.

It is a comparable because both St. Joes and Syracuse will have played the same team, St. Bonaventure. That will make it a little easier to choose between the two teams if we both are on the bubble at the end of the year.

Did you forget that we played St. Bonaventure earlier this year?

The next game vs FSU is big for both teams re: bubble. We have and will have very similar resumes by the end of the season, imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom