"The Bull from Broome County" | Syracusefan.com

"The Bull from Broome County"

nemegnaroog

Walk On
I'm trying to catch up on Nick Sorrenti. (6'1 235lb. FB/LB from Maine- Endwell) Back in August OrangeEyes mentioned he was visiting "the hill." Well, a year has almost passed and I was wondering where he's at in his recruiting process. I read that PSU was his dream school and I thought that I also read that they (PSU) had offered him but when I looked at their commits I didn't see his name. So what gives? Im guessing the obvious "scandal" may have something to do with it or maybe he's just not ready to make his commitment. But when I read dream school and offer I assume, COMMIT ASAP! Maybe you all can give a logical explaination.
I would also like to know how much love HCDM & Co. have given him. Being a backyard boy and all and the way HCDM & Co. have put a stranglehold on instate kids I figured there would be more hoopla on him. Plus everything I have read and seen on Nick has made think he'd be a great asset to the Orange. So what gives?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1101778-the-bull-of-broome-county-ny-fblb-nick-sorrenti

I'm trying to catch up on Nick Sorrenti. (6'1 235lb. FB/LB from Maine- Endwell) Back in August OrangeEyes mentioned he was visiting "the hill." Well, a year has almost passed and I was wondering where he's at in his recruiting process. I read that PSU was his dream school and I thought that I also read that they (PSU) had offered him but when I looked at their commits I didn't see his name. So what gives? Im guessing the obvious "scandal" may have something to do with it or maybe he's just not ready to make his commitment. But when I read dream school and offer I assume, COMMIT ASAP! Maybe you all can give a logical explaination.
I would also like to know how much love HCDM & Co. have given him. Being a backyard boy and all and the way HCDM & Co. have put a stranglehold on instate kids I figured there would be more hoopla on him. Plus everything I have read and seen on Nick has made think he'd be a great asset to the Orange. So what gives?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1101778-the-bull-of-broome-county-ny-fblb-nick-sorrenti
I don't think Penn State has offered, nor has Syracuse. I think SU sees him more on offense than defense. He might have been SU's #2 target at H back, behind Tyler Provo. With 2 LBs already in the fold and a FB in the last class, there may be no room at the inn. I think we are taking one more LB. Maybe he falls into that spot if a couple of guys we like better turn us down.

SUTomCat -- if you watched the state title game, you know that this kid can play. The question is whether he has interest in SU.

I'm not sure how accurate his s cout profile is but he shows no offers from any school. R ivals and 2 47 sports don't even have profiles on him.

That's not a good sign for someone looking for a Div. 1 offer. There's still time though. :noidea:

SUTomCat -- if you watched the state title game, you know that this kid can play. The question is whether he has interest in SU.

What was it that sutomcat posted that made you think he was trying to say this kid couldn't play?

"The question is whether he has interest in SU" - really, that's a pretty funny comment since this kid has no offers from any D-1 schools. Not trying to be a jerk but if he has no interest in SU then why are we talking about him in the first place?

I feel like we get these types of posts every year, especially for local or NY state kids. I figure it's the player, coach, or a relative trying to drum up interest. Like the kid who ended up at Iowa or when someone posted about the NY lineman that committed to UConn.

Nothing wrong with that but the effort would be better spent trying to contact the staff. Good luck to the kid.

What was it that sutomcat posted that made you think he was trying to say this kid couldn't play?

"The question is whether he has interest in SU" - really, that's a pretty funny comment since this kid has no offers from any D-1 schools. Not trying to be a jerk but if he has no interest in SU then why are we talking about him in the first place?
For the record, I like what I have seen from Nick...his play in the championship game at the Dome was very impressive. I am on record as hoping he gets an offer from Syracuse. We are having a good recruiting year, and there are limited scholarships available. Sometimes timing is everything.

and just because a kid doesn't get an offer doesn't mean the staff doesn't think he's a player. The roster at his position might be too full, he might not fit the "scheme", there may be 3 other players better that are considering SU at the same position, or lack of scholarships. But to write on here that maybe he doesn't want to play at SU is completely stupid, that rubbed me the wrong way. I too hope he gets an offer and comes here.

and just because a kid doesn't get an offer doesn't mean the staff doesn't think he's a player. The roster at his position might be too full, he might not fit the "scheme", there may be 3 other players better that are considering SU at the same position, or lack of scholarships. But to write on here that maybe he doesn't want to play at SU is completely stupid, that rubbed me the wrong way. I too hope he gets an offer and comes here.
Yeah, it doesn't seem likely that a kid looking for his first offer is too choosey about schools. That being said, I hope he gets lots of offers, or at least one that works out well for him.

What?

This is why we generally don't allow spammers. (Not you)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'd pass. He is a nice player, but I dont see him as a bcs level athlete. He's pretty stiff. Maybe as a fullback, but that ship has sailed at SU. Ever year we see a few kids like this in NY. They usually end up at a school like Wagner or Albany and have a real nice career. Nothing to sneeze at.

What?

This is why we generally don't allow spammers. (Not you)

Spammer? I watched the title game (have relatives in the Maine-Endwell district) -- and my prediction is this young man will play a lot of D-1 football. Can't take Scout as gospel on upstate kids (they didn't know much about Devan Carter either until he actually committed to us).

I'd pass. He is a nice player, but I dont see him as a bcs level athlete. He's pretty stiff. Maybe as a fullback, but that ship has sailed at SU. Ever year we see a few kids like this in NY. They usually end up at a school like Wagner or Albany and have a real nice career. Nothing to sneeze at.

He runs stiff probably because he can. I think he projects more as a Middle Line Backer at the college level, and any team will be lucky to have him. I totally agree with your last 2 sentences. Colgate, Albany, etc have made a nice living picking up upstate kids who are able to dominate the weak football up here and can have a decent career at that level. But I know the Coach Mac teams had their fair share of kids from Corning, Owego, Ellenville, Rome, and other areas of upstate NY.

Spammer? I watched the title game (have relatives in the Maine-Endwell district) -- and my prediction is this young man will play a lot of D-1 football. Can't take Scout as gospel on upstate kids (they didn't know much about Devan Carter either until he actually committed to us).

I said not you.

A good example of that would be the Canzeri kid from Troy. We didn't have the room/need. He ended up starting at Iowa as a freshman.

A good example of that would be the Canzeri kid from Troy. We didn't have the room/need. He ended up starting at Iowa as a freshman.
Yeah after like 5 people got injured or suspended... It's not like he came in there and beat out all those kids for the spot.

Yeah after like 5 people got injured or suspended... It's not like he came in there and beat out all those kids for the spot.

And he was averaging like 3.1 yards per carry.

And he was averaging like 3.1 yards per carry.

3.7 ypc My point was agreeing we can't take every NYS kid who is considered D1 quality - not that we Should have offered him

I don't quite know what this means but it strikes me as funny.:D

:D

He has somewhat of an upright style of running. Not as bad as I remember from watching. Basically the kid is so much bigger and stronger than most of the kids trying to tackle him that he doesn't have to worry about form. He runs upright.

Can't attest to his state of arousal, though. :eek:

:D

He has somewhat of an upright style of running. Not as bad as I remember from watching. Basically the kid is so much bigger and stronger than most of the kids trying to tackle him that he doesn't have to worry about form. He runs upright.

Can't attest to his state of arousal, though. :eek:

I guess he really likes to hit people.:oops: