the coaching fraternity and happy valley | Syracusefan.com

the coaching fraternity and happy valley

Millhouse

Living Legend
my beef with the coaching fraternity used to be just limited to how closed off it was - greg robinson gets great jobs after failure after failure. if your dad was a coach? you're in! it doesn't matter if your dad is hank bullough, he was in the club so your son is in the club.

you just kinda roll your eyes at how they circle the wagons around clearly terrible coaches that should get fired. every coach is great according to every coach. but whatever, that's just part of their little club, good for them.

but how does the heir apparent at penn state just up and quit at 55, never get a job again, and no one knows about it?

how many coaches knew about this? how many knew about second mile? we have janitors and parents and who knows who else that were aware of this - there's no way the broad coaching community didn't know. but had this not come out, you'd just hear platitudes about the greatness of joe pa come out of their mouths.

i don't know of a good web resource to use, but i want to come up with a tree of who worked with sandusky and who worked for them. too many 40 year old guys with young sons within the fraternity for them not to know about him - they might not care about random raped kids, but they care about the kids in the fraternity - in a few years, they'll give those kids jobs they don't deserve, remember.

prior to this news, lots of people around here would point to happy valley as some football utopia... if only we could have their passion. . i'd rather have a bandwagon fan base that goes when they're good and skips when they're bad, a fan base that goes to the games once in a while and goes home. i'd like to think that our fan base wouldn't be scared of a coach whose program profits off child rape.

I really hope every single individual even remotely involved with this or with knowledge of this is outed.

Agree about not wanting to be part of a fanbase as obsessed as PSU. Even though I'm way too invested in SU sports, there's no way I'd be protesting against Paterno's firing. And maybe I'm delusional myself, but I can't see this ever happening at Syracuse. South Bend? Columbus? Any SEC one-horse town? Of course this could happen. And that's the biggest concern with this whole thing, although I'd like to think it's an isolated incident where things just snowballed out of control.

Packing 100K+ into stadiums to watch amateur athletes...for a spring game. Paying $10 grand for a ticket to LSU/Alabama. People are sick.

I really hope every single individual even remotely involved with this or with knowledge of this is outed.

Agree about not wanting to be part of a fanbase as obsessed as PSU. Even though I'm way too invested in SU sports, there's no way I'd be protesting against Paterno's firing. And maybe I'm delusional myself, but I can't see this ever happening at Syracuse. South Bend? Columbus? Any SEC one-horse town? Of course this could happen. And that's the biggest concern with this whole thing, although I'd like to think it's an isolated incident where things just snowballed out of control.

Packing 100K+ into stadiums to watch amateur athletes...for a spring game. Paying $10 grand for a ticket to LSU/Alabama. People are sick.
i always think about bowl travel. "su fans suck, they don't travel to bowls! losers prefer to stay home and celebrate christmas and new years with their family rather than renting a winnebago and heading off to north carolina to eat sausage" good for us!

i always think about bowl travel. "su fans suck, they don't travel to bowls! losers prefer to stay home and celebrate christmas and new years with their family rather than renting a winnebago and heading off to north carolina to eat sausage" good for us!

:rolling:

I can guarantee that Jerry Sandusky wouldn't be allowed to waltz around Syracuse going to the gym, going to Denny's, like nothing happened. State College should be ashamed as a community.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom