the crane the crane | Page 104 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Considering almost all of the greatest college football stadiums in the country are all or partial bench seats, I'll guess that only certain areas get individual seats.

Who said they were removing all the seats?

Scroll back 2 pages in this thread.
Like so:

Scroll back 2 pages in this thread.
Like so:

I'll believe it when I see it :)

My buddy is working in the dome and posted some videos. Looks like some sort of sheeting to protect the ribbon boards/boxes, turf is bring rolled up (hello track surface!), and seats are being removed from the lower bowl. I'll see if he's OK with me posting pictures.

If I paid for Preferred B Basketball tickets, and I find out I'm being relocated to a C or D seat, there isn't enough legalese that can make it right.

I went through a similar situation with the new Yankee Stadium. I had a partial season tix plan for Sunday games starting 2007 in the old stadium. The new stadium plan added 4 mid week games I didn't want to the Sunday games and we got moved from 2/3 up the 3rd deck behind home plate to a similar height in shallow left field. Dropped them in after the 2012 season

Away yesterday on business but knew they couldn't proceed with the wind. Looks like they are installing a spiral or a girder now - can't see Walt's boom in the way. The West Wall is happy though. :)

I can see now - a spiral and a girder up since I last looked. What are the two yellow fork lift golf cart thingees taking out of the Dome in bundles of white?

Walt's hoist line still attached to the carrier over by the spiral not far from the girder with the lattice looking raised I am assuming anchors for the roof cables. A blue rig with an empty extendable trailer just pulled into the on/off load area on Irving. For me it would be nice if the audio from the yard could be subtitled across the bottom of the screen - at least we'd have a much better idea of what they are doing or going to do.

Walt's hoist line still attached to the carrier over by the spiral not far from the girder with the lattice looking raised I am assuming anchors for the roof cables. A blue rig with an empty extendable trailer just pulled into the on/off load area on Irving. For me it would be nice if the audio from the yard could be subtitled across the bottom of the screen - at least we'd have a much better idea of what they are doing or going to do.
ACCN should be doing play-by-play

And the blue tractor with the trailer is backing into the lot where the busy little forklift have been taking what ever is in the white bundles. The forks are lifting what looks like rolled up rugs or turf? onto the trailer.

Last edited:
Girder definitely up today ? my phone will not give me live cam for some reason.

I can see now - a spiral and a girder up since I last looked. What are the two yellow fork lift golf cart thingees taking out of the Dome in bundles of white?

They're rolling up the field turf. Under the turf are millions of rubber pellets. Maybe these are bags of pellets being removed for storage?

Meanwhile Walt has been waiting - his hoist cable still attached to the red carrier to lift whatever is taking this long to go up top.

They're rolling up the field turf. Under the turf are millions of rubber pellets. Maybe these are bags of pellets being removed for storage?
There must be millions of them as you suggest - a lot of white bags! - and they are going to need more trailers if they are taking up all of the turf and also the pellets unless they are staying in the lot the forks have been putting them in.

Wonder what/who loaded all the white bags they are bringing out - there are lots of them and the pelts aren't the easiest things to load into bags - I guess just the crew just shovels them into bags held open but other crew

Wonder what/who loaded all the white bags they are bringing out - there are lots of them and the pelts aren't the easiest things to load into bags - I guess just the crew just shovels them into bags held open but other crew

They have a vacuum that sucks up the pellets.

There is activity around the red carrier that came down from the truss earlier - maybe we are going to get some crew up soon? The blue rigged trailer with two rolled bundles of turf left 5 mins ago. Pellets being vacuumed into white bags. Cool, easier than any other way.

There goes the red carrier up top with two crew to work on the truss at 2:30 P.M. Gotta be 150' up - maybe working in the spiral(s)?

They have a vacuum that sucks up the pellets.
I believe that. I watched them put down new pellets at B'Ville. Like a mini Zamboni with tubs of pellets on the back is the best way to describe. I imagine there is a reverse process with same machine or one like it?

ACCN should be doing play-by-play
They should be, but BillSU is doing a better job than some of the paid announcers. And he is doing it for the love of the team. I.e. on the cheap.

If ACCN was smart, they would set up cameras in the offices of those fans around the Dome (including a GoPro on Bees head) and use the commentary in this thread and make a special from it. Alas,.I killed the dream in my first sentence...

There will be a raffle held at the parking lot later. You guess how many bags of pellets have been removed from inside the Dome and you get a free bag for your own backyard turf field. And, you get to sit by the driver and ride on the back of the machine that puts 'em back down.

Last edited:
The white cranes boom is fully extended. Don't know what the op is doing, maybe helping the boys up there working on a spiral. Question of the day: are they working on and accomplishing anything on the steel spiral? Anyone have any idea?

Last edited: