the crane the crane | Page 116 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Ain't gonna lie. I am a girder man.
1583938442319.png

Attachments

• 1583938442027.png
    1583938442027.png
    424.9 KB · Views: 83
At 1:00 straight up and it's still lunchtime for the crew folks. But work continues today with the major work being the continuation of the construction and installation of back stays. Do not know if they are going around the corner and install all the way down Forestry to get that set for spirals and then girders. However if the correct spiral is not yet on site it would be a good thing to do - they'd all be set and ready for spirals and girders.

Just unloaded some of the rails for the girders. That's a good sign. Also, we need someone with greenhouse access in Illick Hall to set up some cameras. We need one on Skylar from that perspective and then also one on Walt as the girders are added on the SW corner...something that the admins could control would be nice.

What are y'all going to do when Walt is disassembled for the final time? Will you be able to function in the real world? Just don't pull a Brooks from Shawshank.
I think we'll petition to have Walt permanently set in place, knuckled down as an archway over Forestry Drive...as artwork you might say...

Edit: I think we'd have to paint him orange...

Thank goodness Walt is immune to the corona virus. There'll be hell to pay if some lackey manufactures an excuse that orders a work stop.

There are three flatbed trailers taking counterweights and other stuff stored by the counterweights somewhere. The color of them is dark gray almost black not the yellow ones usually attached to the back of Walt. They are either making room or transferring these to another crane that requires the weight.

Last edited:
There's one in the yard now @ 2:31 P.M. and the white crane is loading.

They are also working on the girder at the far end of the yard, (facing Crouse). It looks like they've added a handrail to run the full length of it and are now adding some small white cylinders.

Does anyone know if there are any girders or spirals at Skylar's end of the dome?

The next counterweight is being gently lowered over the axle of the flatbed while another truck wait son Irving.

Those counterweights have to be very heavy as each truck takes one at a time - edit two.

Last edited:
Meanwhile in the parking lot next to the main yard a small telescopic crane with two person cage support at the end was up next to one of the walls with the X bracing though I have yet to see any work completed. The newer larger telescopic crane also in the parking lot had its boom extended and hoist line lowered at the moment and seemed to assisting the crew in the smaller crane. Work has stopped for the moment.

I was wrong - the flatbed can carry more than two counterweight bundles as they are now loading a second in front of the first.

And as the loaded trailer leaves another backs into the yard.

Don't know what the hold up is but the next flatbed has been in the yard waiting for while. The crew in the drive are working on a new backstay wall attachment above the blue door used to exit /enter the Dome with vehicles, etc.