the crane the crane | Page 147 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Heard that comes with live streaming of the pee troughs. Can you confirm?
Well, that would be streaming-streaming, and yes it is!
Although a Urologist was banned, because he was looking for potential business from the Prostate Inhibited StreamS portion of our fanbase. Heck...I thought it was very "entre-per-urinal" of him, but what do I know:cool:.

Wonder if Walt might be offloading or getting a spiral ready to go up since the angle of his cab and boom are now positioned toward the main yard and Irving?

1585245856779.png

Have no pic at all now. tomcat put the link to the Lawrinson Camera on page one of this thread but when the live cam is clicked nothing happens as well as everything else available on that page. Hayner Hoyt problem?
Yes - the LC stream has now returned.

Last edited:
A girder just pulled up by Skylar...

The nice thing with the zoom is that you can see the crew better as well as the inside of the "stadium"...

Did the camera zoom in? Anyone else see this?
To those with access to the Lawrinson camera controls: please zoom out to the original setting. We like to see both cranes as well as the supply yard & deliveries on the West side of the Dome. Thanks!
Yeah, I think we noticed... ;)

A girder just pulled up by Skylar...

The nice thing with the zoom is that you can see the crew better as well as the inside of the "stadium"...
Are you being sarcastic? How do you know? I can't see Skylar on the LC the way they have the camera set up now?

Are you being sarcastic? How do you know? I can't see Skylar on the LC the way they have the camera set up now?
I saw a girder on a truck moving up forestry drive...I'll see if I can pinpoint the time...

Edit: at -56:12 as of 3:43 PM, a truck with a girder pulls up forestry drive toward Skyler...

I saw a girder on a truck moving up forestry drive...I'll see if I can pinpoint the time...
We should be able to see everything we were used to seeing since this project began from the arrival of spirals and girders to Walt or the white crane ( now at another site) offloading them, the entire yard as things were being ready for a girder to go up like the tray being loaded with counterweights, Walt's straps being hooked to a spiral or girder and watch it go from the ground to the crown truss.

Now we get to see two TBC's, (Telescopic Bucket Lifts), with crew doing something to the backstays.

I find the former much more interesting and exciting!:)

We should be able to see everything we were used to seeing since this project began from the arrival of spirals and girders to Walt or the white crane ( now at another site) offloading them, the entire yard as things were being ready for a girder to go up like the tray being loaded with counterweights, Walt's straps being hooked to a spiral or girder and watch it go from the ground to the crown truss.

Now we get to see two TBC's, (Telescopic Bucket Lifts), with crew doing something to the backstays.

I find the former much more interesting and exciting!:)
I don't disagree...I was just passing on that I saw a girder headed toward skyler...

Do you think they underestimated the work it would take to remove the old roof support cables?
Maybe they're hoping they'll just decompose! :p

To each his own I guess. I kind of like this better as you will get a better, closer, centered view on the actual work. I'm not as excited about whats happening on the ground.

*ducks
Shenexon - I appreciate your posts and your reply - I was referring to this post which I both agree and disagree with.

Hi Bill...certainly no offense taken. Perhaps we can chip in for a zoomable camera with a panoramic view? I liked watching Walt's yard and skyler, too. Hopefully they'll switch it back...

Hi Bill...certainly no offense taken. Perhaps we can chip in for a zoomable camera with a panoramic view? I liked watching Walt's yard and skyler, too. Hopefully they'll switch it back...
Maybe there's a way to get Sala's email address and inform him of our concerns there are many people watching some days almost 1000. I don't think it would take a lot for him to contact someone to reposition the camera the way it always was. Perhaps on of our admins would have more luck - maybe a telephone call from tomcat or bees if they are open to it and understand the problem?

Am I able to break down Shenexon to a first name or would you prefer not to?

CRANIAC EDUCATION: TBL Telescopic Boom Lift / Since there have been two of these working on the backstays
in front of the camera this is what it is and does.

A telescopic boom lift has an arm that can extend up, forward, and down.

Telescopic boom lifts feature an extendable arm that can reach varying heights. Unlike an articulated boom lift, the telescoping boom has a straight arm that is attached to a freely rotating turntable. The bucket on this type of lift is typically small, holding one person at a time. Telescopic boom lifts are best suited for highly specialized work like electrical repairs or tree trimming in which a single worker can handle the job. Telescopic boom lifts have a longer reach than other options. They are available with an electric operation and solid tires for interior use or gas operation and inflated tires for rough exterior use.

There are several people on the dome walkway near skylar, maybe working to release a support cable?

Maybe I missed the comment...but all the old cables appear to be padded. I assume as protection if one gets away from them.

CRANIAC EDUCATION: TBL Telescopic Boom Lift / Since there have been two of these working on the backstays
in front of the camera this is what it is and does.

A telescopic boom lift has an arm that can extend up, forward, and down.

Telescopic boom lifts feature an extendable arm that can reach varying heights. Unlike an articulated boom lift, the telescoping boom has a straight arm that is attached to a freely rotating turntable. The bucket on this type of lift is typically small, holding one person at a time. Telescopic boom lifts are best suited for highly specialized work like electrical repairs or tree trimming in which a single worker can handle the job. Telescopic boom lifts have a longer reach than other options. They are available with an electric operation and solid tires for interior use or gas operation and inflated tires for rough exterior use.
Need one of those to finish painting my house , any of you folks have one ?