the crane the crane | Page 278 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Renderings take liberties. They're just a depiction of what the end product might look like. Some of those lines you see on that rendering are just a depiction of shadows on the roof. Others may represent the steel beams underneath the roof covering. It's hard to tell with a rendering. And I wouldn't put stock in the color in the rendering. The section on the arcs isn't going to be as translucent as depicted.

The hard roof being that brilliant white with no seams...

1597869977388.png

Renderings take liberties. They're just a depiction of what the end product might look like. Some of those lines you see on that rendering are just a depiction of shadows on the roof. Others may represent the steel beams underneath the roof covering. It's hard to tell with a rendering. And I wouldn't put stock in the color in the rendering. The section on the arcs isn't going to be as translucent as depicted.
Legacy - having graduated from SUID I have had the opportunity to produce renderings for clients over a 40 year career. Most of the time you are correct they are depictions of what something might look like not the actual end result. Color is another factor that changes along with the project and whims of the client.

Would the part of the roof that this is covering be considered a low slope? I see where TPO is used on flat or low sloped roofs.
I would not consider the roof to be a low slope. Yes typically TPO is used on low slope or flat roofs.

Pitch, angle, incline, slope – they all can be used to refer to the steepness of a roof. In the roofing trade the go-to term is “pitch” and it is expressed in terms of “12 inches.” So the pitch of a roof is determined by how many inches the slope rises for every 12 inches it runs horizontally.

If a roof increases in height by four inches for every foot of horizontal run, it is considered to have a “4-in-12 pitch” or just a “4 pitch.” Talk in terms of pitches and you will always be understood in the roofing universe.

View attachment 186389
I still think tpomight be the general system here. That close up in last post sure looks like a mechanically fastened poly iso or recovery board.
View attachment 186390
Wow, that diagram looks exactly like what they have been doing. Even down to the fasteners on the rhinobond plates. I think you nailed it DD.

Last edited:
I would not consider the roof to be a low slope. Yes typically TPO is used on low slope or flat roofs.

Pitch, angle, incline, slope – they all can be used to refer to the steepness of a roof. In the roofing trade the go-to term is “pitch” and it is expressed in terms of “12 inches.” So the pitch of a roof is determined by how many inches the slope rises for every 12 inches it runs horizontally.

If a roof increases in height by four inches for every foot of horizontal run, it is considered to have a “4-in-12 pitch” or just a “4 pitch.” Talk in terms of pitches and you will always be understood in the roofing universe.
Or, a roofer looks at you when you ask him what pitch the roof is, and he says...

6443CCA9-FFA3-4546-8850-9A94B6411AB2.png

Thank you Bill for reminding me of my too many years sitting on an Architectural review committee of an HOA approving housing blueprints. ;)

View attachment 186389
I still think tpomight be the general system here. That close up in last post sure looks like a mechanically fastened poly iso or recovery board.
View attachment 186390
Just so I understand, I am assuming they put the layers of insulation down, then installed all those fasteners. The fasteners really are screws that go through the insulation panels and through the corrugated steel roof deck to hold the insulation panels tightly to the deck. Then the TPO is laid on top of the insulation and heat welded on to the top layer of insulation.

That is how the roof is held together.

Is that right?

slope M = rise/run m=y2-y1 / x2-x1

lol

Just so I understand, I am assuming they put the layers of insulation down, then installed all those fasteners. The fasteners really are screws that go through the insulation panels and through the corrugated steel roof deck to hold the insulation panels tightly to the deck. Then the TPO is laid on top of the insulation and heat welded on to the top layer of insulation.

That is how the roof is held together.

Is that right?
Yes, to my knowledge. I don’t deal with a lot of commercial roofing. The screws use plates too.
B3A03BB4-73ED-4F35-AEB6-ED6F161B260D.jpeg