the crane the crane | Page 292 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Screenshot (20).png

Has anyone figured out what the green like colored fabric that is bunched up is on the end of the hard shell?

Morning update:

There is a lot going on right now.

Yes, a lot of layer 2 was installed yesterday. They are about 2/3 through the installation of layer 2 now. Layer 1 was also finally completed.

A new crane was brought in. Yes, #Hardnosed, let's call it 5c. It is already at work. I think it will primarily be concerned with getting the layer 2 materials brought up to the roof from the ground.

The workers are already closing in on finishing the install of layer 2 in the northeast corner. The northwest corner is done. The southwest corner is about 40% complete. Work on installing layer 2 is just starting on the southeast corner, which will probably be the last corner completed.

Then there is the new mystery. A lot of what appears to be light green fabric has been gathered into position along the edge of the northwest side of the PTFE section of the roof. It appears there is more being readied on the PTFE border along the south west side.

I think there is a good chance we will see some PTFE material up today. I hope it doesn't end up being light green.

I think thats the green screen so while we think the roof is done on camera , in person there will be a large hole until crowds are actually allowed.
Wouldn't the green playing surface make that tricky?

looks like they completed another corner and started a 3rd corner