the crane the crane | Page 214 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

If I knew nothing about the project, I doubt I'd walk into the dome in Mid-September and say "wow SU really skimped on the lighting!"

Can you see the players on the court/field? Yes.

Does it really matter if we can't project starting lineups on the court? You can't do that anyways when it's a noon game...
By your logic why not put the old lights up. The dome was cutting edge and state of the art when it was built. This upgrade was suppose to bring it back to that level and every time you turn around something gets dropped. No exterior lighting on the center piece of campus?! Now downgrade the interior lighting over a timeline when most people are saying on here there won’t be fall football.

By your logic why not put the old lights up. The dome was cutting edge and state of the art when it was built. This upgrade was suppose to bring it back to that level and every time you turn around something gets dropped. No exterior lighting on the center piece of campus?! Now downgrade the interior lighting over a timeline when most people are saying on here there won’t be fall football.
They didn't "downgrade" because of pricing. If a company tries to break a contract and renegotiate a lower price after the numbers have been decided, why would you keep working with them.

Also, I looked at the websites, please enlighten me on the difference because they both look like colored and flashing lights.

They didn't "downgrade" because of pricing. If a company tries to break a contract and renegotiate a lower price after the numbers have been decided, why would you keep working with them.

Also, I looked at the websites, please enlighten me on the difference because they both look like colored and flashing lights.
if you can’t see the difference you’re kidding yourself

Here you go.

Now, how much will anyone truly be able to notice, who knows, I'd imagine that's up to one's particular eyes and attention to detail? Perhaps, this may be a good analogy. You go into Best Buy and side by side you have to beautiful 65" HDTV's. When comparing them, it doesn't take you too long to determine which picture quality is superior, although both are really nice. You ultimately decide to go with the slightly lessor quality pic since once it's in your home and not side by side it won't really matter that much. :)

I think we’re under contract with everybody. It’s no secret anymore we’re working with O’Connell Electric. Ephesus (Lighting) will be a sub-contractor to them. They’re in the process of putting the lights up in (football) stadiums in Vegas and L.A. They have a new (light) fixture that is the leader in the industry. It’s an incredible fixture. The technology is changing so much and, as we’re working with them every day, we’re learning a little bit as we work with them as far as how we’re going to mount the fixture. We’re working on camera angles.

I would go to Ephesus’ last install but this fixture is brand new. I think they’re installing it for the first time in Vegas.I know they did the lighting at U.S. Bank Stadium (in Minnesota) but that was their old lighting. It was hard for me to get a real feel for it. This fixture is the only one of its kind. ... The fixture has the LEDs in the fixture and they have ways to tone the white light.They can dim the arena or have it a different colored tone. It’s really, really cool. We can integrate it with our sound system and our video board. (We) will be able to sit there and say this is our gameplan, this is how I want the opening to be. ... The lighting will tie to the sound or the video. It’s all tied together. We’ll be able to darken the arena and do like they do with the Bulls’ pre-game. I think they started it. I can’t wait to, my goal, this is what I dream of at night.

What makes them stand out (Ephesus)

Their lighting system uses the latest technology which gives a better focus of the semiconductor light that is produced. The special lenses that intensify and direct the light are superior likewise. They are the only company that uses a special color temperature feature that can be adjusted. Allowing the user to switch intensity of whites to warmer hues. All of which can be done at the touch of a button.

Musco vs. Ephesus

Drawing the line between these two companies is tough but not hard to spot. Ephesus obviously has higher levels of technology and products that control color temperature. Whereas Musco is deeply rooted and committed to keeping a close connection with local sport projects and high school sports. If Budget is a concern then Musco is an affordable solution and works well for any professional sport level. Whereas, Ephesus is that top shelf cognac with a global angel umbrella over their shoulder.

Lots of nagging in this thread. All I really care about is that the football team goes 8-4 or better. They could be playing in a cow pasture for all I care. Just win. Everything will look nicer if we're not going 4-8.
Agree, but if you are going to do something, do it right. I hope they are getting it right with the renovations.

Lots of nagging in this thread. All I really care about is that the football team goes 8-4 or better. They could be playing in a cow pasture for all I care. Just win. Everything will look nicer if we're not going 4-8.

With all due respect, you are in a thread title that is relative to the construction and renovation of the Dome, and all that that entails. If "all you really care about is that the football team goes 8-4 or better," then perhaps you need to create a thread on that point or visit the multiple of other threads that may be on that parallel.

Will the differences in lighting technology impact the "butts in seats" number? I have never once come across someone who said I don't want to go to a game because they don't have the best lighting technology out there. If anything when you see a cool light show you have your momentary "wow" moment and then it's game time. If the lighting makes the difference for the fan experience we have far bigger problems.

I've never made a decision on buying a ticket or not, watching a game or not, based on the stadium lighting.
But all this factors into a recruits decision on where to go and that will effect the final score of a game and the record for the year. I’m sure someone will combat this guy saying that we don’t want those kids but are you okay with losing the next possible Mcnabb or melo or brown...

Will the differences in lighting technology impact the "butts in seats" number? I have never once come across someone who said I don't want to go to a game because they don't have the best lighting technology out there. If anything when you see a cool light show you have your momentary "wow" moment and then it's game time. If the lighting makes the difference for the fan experience we have far bigger problems.

I don't think anyone here is making that correlation you're asking, but something obviously different. Though, you also managed to answer your own question. ;):)

But all this factors into a recruits decision on where to go and that will effect the final score of a game and the record for the year. I’m sure someone will combat this guy saying that we don’t want those kids but are you okay with losing the next possible Mcnabb or melo or brown...

Well it appears we will have a new scapegoat for recruiting. Our stadium lighting is going to send every three, four and five star elsewhere.

Lol I don't think the recruits are picking their school based on the "intensity of whites" or the "warmer hues" that Ephesus offers...

I don't think anyone here is making that correlation you're asking, but something obviously different. Though, you also managed to answer your own question. ;):)

Well what is the risk then? If you are going to argue SU screwed this up then what is the correlation? How does it impact the programs and school itself. All I see are some opinions complaining about their personal dissappointment. I don't see where there is something that clearly says this is a mistake that will cost the university significantly.