the crane the crane | Page 270 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Those might not be boxes but the panels.
It is weird how brilliant white they are. That gives me pause.

But if you look closely, they look like standard wooden crates. Probably 6 feet long by 6 feet wide by 3 feet deep.

1916578A-4D7F-4DCD-B6BE-2556F4F6693A.jpeg

It would be funny if these all turn out to be full of rolls of PTFE fabric.

I imagine we will find out soon. Probably tomorrow.

But if you look closely, they look like standard wooden crates. Probably 6 feet long by 6 feet wide by 3 feet deep.

View attachment 185933

That was my other thought about what these "white things" could be, PTFE. ;)
I really want to know what that trailer load was that went inside the dome.
We need eyes in the sky.

View attachment 185933

CF29292B-1B39-4AD0-B8E4-1B998EDCD6E6.jpeg

Lots of them!
Now if we could only aim that camera a bit further to the left... :(

View attachment 185933

They look like a bunch of hotel linen carts...

That camera certainly makes it appear that that stack of crates goes quite a distance to the left off screen. Can't wait to see them break into the cache and start the hard section of the roof!

Fwiw, I saw this video on youtube the other day. Some type of blue material goes over the arcs before some type of white material goes over both. Starts around the 1:42 mark.
Good find. My guess is that the blue material was installed temporarily as a safety net, as bnoro suggested earlier.

Morning update:

Crane 5 aka Drunk Joe, remains prostate on the ground. Out cold. Has anyone checked his pulse? He was moving around late yesterday. It looked like they might have been testing him. Maybe, just maybe he will start filling the southwest gap today. Update: I can see there are workers working on Joe, and it appears they are trying to fix whatever problem he has. Let's hope they are successful. Good to see they are at least trying to get him up and working.

There is a guy in a cherry picker near a column close to Gate B. It looks like there is a project to build a pipe system here. There are 2 pipes that are vertical and there are some bars connecting them horizonally. It looks almost like they are building a ladder. No idea what it is for. I have heard that they have added some connections for AC up on the western wall and perhaps this is related to that.

Work continues on the slow expansion of the grey-blue covering being installed on top of the hard shell steel in the southwest corner. It was never easy but is becoming really hard to see anything going on inside the dome now.

No movement on the blue possible safety net up top. Probably will stay that way until work on the PTFE part of the roof commences.

The crane in the southeast corner continues to attack what remains of the other gap in the hard shell steel skeleton on the eastern side of the dome.

The big question is, what is in the white boxes that arrived yesterday in the western storage area? One would think that if they have been moved here, they will be being used soon. This has not been used as a long term storage area so far.

Last edited:
Morning update:

Crane 5 aka Drunk Joe, remains prostate on the ground. Out cold. Has anyone checked his pulse? He was moving around late yesterday. It looked like they might have been testing him. Maybe, just maybe he will start filling the southwest gap today. Update: I can see there are workers working on Joe, and it appears they are trying to fix whatever problem he has. Let's hope they are successful. Good to see they are at least trying to get him up and working.

There is a guy in a cherry picker near a column close to Gate B. It looks like there is a project to build a pipe system here. There are 2 pipes that are vertical and there are some bars connecting them horizonally. It looks almost like they are building a ladder. No idea what it is for. I have heard that they have added some connections for AC up on the western wall and perhaps this is related to that.

Work continues on the slow expansion of the grey-blue covering being installed on top of the hard shell steel in the southwest corner. It was never easy but is becoming really hard to see anything going on inside the dome now.

No movement on the blue possible safety net up top. Probably will stay that way until work on the PTFE part of the roof commences.

The crane in the southeast corner continues to attack what remains of the other gap in the hard shell steel skeleton on the eastern side of the dome.

The big question is, what is in the white boxes that arrived yesterday in the western storage area? One would think that if they have been moved here, they will be being used soon. This has not been used as a long term storage area so far.
I think the only steel going up now are some of the horizontal bracing we saw installed on the west end.

I think I am seeing more blue safety net being installed right above and behind the incomplete center section of the hard framed southwest corner.

Looks like they might be disassembling Joe. Dang. That is a lot of work to get him put together only to have to take it apart again.

Edit: Maybe they let Walt go too soon. :(

nothing better than a bottle of suds while sitting on the roof with the guards.
This, this right here is why there is a need for Otto Gargoyles (with fricking lazer beams in their eyes to remove snow) mounted over each entrance..

I see panels, or white boxes, going up in the air.

Last edited:
Morning update:

The white "boxes" must be insulation, because when they hooked it to the crane to put it up on the roof, the guy rigging it to the crane moved it by rolling it end over end across the staging area.

The white "boxes" must be insulation, because when they hooked it to the crane to put it up on the roof, the guy rigging it to the crane moved it by rolling it end over end across the staging area.
They certainly are not heavy as we watch them being tumbled across the roof by 2 workers...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom