the crane the crane | Page 301 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

they have had 10-15 guys working on the hard shell, they should be moved over soon to help pick up that pace too

On my iPad, the stadium has a beautiful dark blue color on the hard surface. Does everyone else get the same color? There’s also a light blue haze over the center of the stadium. I hope they can change the color over the center section of the stadium. It has a a very nice look when it’s dark out.

On my iPad, the stadium has a beautiful dark blue color on the hard surface. Does everyone else get the same color? There’s also a light blue haze over the center of the stadium. I hope they can change the color over the center section of the stadium. It has a a very nice look when it’s dark out.
Also on an iPad ...

9BDE26C3-F81E-46F0-9719-4C89557131E0.jpeg
A8BCA9C7-2B11-49B3-ACEE-E483AF9A6E07.jpeg

I think that's the glow of the work lights on the interior.

This 2nd picture worries me a bit about the PTFE sections. I know the picture isn't spectacular but I was hoping to see more light through those portions during the night. If light isn't glowing out of the panels how much will be let in? Or am I worried over nothing at all, and there will be plenty of light?

This 2nd picture worries me a bit about the PTFE sections. I know the picture isn't spectacular but I was hoping to see more light through those portions during the night. If light isn't glowing out of the panels how much will be let in? Or am I worried over nothing at all, and there will be plenty of light?
They’ve stated it won’t be much different than the old roof middle section as far as transparency. So...
8FB44E4C-FC96-4FEE-80DB-AC0A4526F56C.jpeg

A few thoughts...

Seems we definitely wouldn't have been ready by 9/19 in a regular world... right?

What happens if the roof is done, but the inside isn't completely done? They would still play, no?

A few thoughts...

Seems we definitely wouldn't have been ready by 9/19 in a regular world... right?

Hard to tell. Maybe they authorize more overtime shifts to get done by next week.

They could still be done in a week anyways.

I’m going to hedge a bet they’ve already contacted someone about playing on their field against Georgia Tech.

perhaps Cornell or Cortland, location and stadium size isn’t too much of an issue...Possibly CNS

Hard to tell. Maybe they authorize more overtime shifts to get done by next week.

They could still be done in a week anyways.
At this point, it looks like the lights are fully, or almost fully installed.

It looks like the new end zone scoreboards are installed and the center hung one is only waiting for the roof to be finished before it goes up.

Can't imagine removing the plastic on the ribbon boards or private boxes will take a long time. They could probably play with that stuff still in play (though the press box might need to be opened up).

I would think once the roof is done, the field is the biggest obstacle.

Just watched a video on a field turf install. It took 8 or 9 days. They might have wasted some time and they only worked during daylight but it looks like a non-trivial thing that will take 3 or 4 days even if they work overtime.

I think Pete Sala mentioned that the dome floor has been torn up and needs to be resurfaced before the field turf can be installed, so there is a further delay there.

There are 64 panels that need to be covered with PTFE. It looks like 2 rows of panels might be half done, 4 panels, on the NE side of the roof. They might only have 3 done...but I think it is 4. I can't see any other panels completed yet.

If we say they have 8 done now, they are 1/8th of the way done. Progress has been slow so far. If you say resurfacing the floor and installing the field turf is going to take a week, the roof needs to be finished by 9/19. That gives them almost 11 days (they surely will work weekends) to get the roof done.

They have approximately 56 panels left to go, so I am thinking they need to average a little better than 5 panels a day to get the roof ready in time to allow time to get all the other stuff that needs to be done that requires a roof to be in place first.

I struggle to get much out of the Link Hall camera. Haven't seen any definite progress so far today but maybe something good is happening. The red hawk camera is still unfortunately featuring a chimney. Bummer.

Beginning of this morning:

090920a.jpg

About 9:40 AM:

090920b.jpg

I’m going to hedge a bet they’ve already contacted someone about playing on their field against Georgia Tech.

perhaps Cornell or Cortland, location and stadium size isn’t too much of an issue...Possibly CNS

I'd have to assume that CNS is a no-go because of the requirements for a TV broadcast. I know they have televised SU lax from there before, but a football broadcast is an entirely different beast. My money would be on Cornell, UB or the Bills Stadium.

I would think the same Covid rules apply to those college stadiums that prevented their seasons from commencing. My guess would be an NFL stadium or the game gets played at Ga. Tech if needed.

4th row of PTFE going up

View attachment 187547
Can't see the some of the 8 rows of the PTFE section from Link Hall, but I think this is where they are:

090920c.jpg

They are labeled but you will have to click on the picture to see them.

So anyway, assuming they are stopping half way (at the crown of the roof), at the end of the day, we could have 4 panels for each row, or 16 of the 64 PTFE panels completed.

Not great but better than it could be. I would guess they will complete the 4 rows they have started (if I remember right, the safety nets ran all the way across the rows), then do the other 4 rows.

But getting close to 25% done is encouraging. This might be doable in a week.

At this point is the roof water tight? If so they should be able to finish the inside while the final roof layers are being completed.

manley took less than a week to do the field turf. drainage and grading issues dont get done so that speeds things up. This will be the 3rd one in the dome wont it? wonder how they deal with the new rules on sideline areas?

At this point is the roof water tight? If so they should be able to finish the inside while the final roof layers are being completed.
From the night photos it would appear it could be, but from the current one it looks like just the netting so far on the back side of the uncompleted rows.

E97E1787-7B2D-407F-B319-5E001257A793.jpeg

Definitely not. Hard shell is essentially finished. PTFE section is getting close to 25% done. Looks like we are looking at another week or so to get the building water tight.

I'd have to assume that CNS is a no-go because of the requirements for a TV broadcast. I know they have televised SU lax from there before, but a football broadcast is an entirely different beast. My money would be on Cornell, UB or the Bills Stadium.
Maybe...but I wonder if the schools want the Covid-19 risk?

CNS might be easier to work with especially if SU says they will pay for cleaning

The game is on ACC Network, I think they can accept a slightly lower standard of broadcast