the crane the crane | Page 316 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

I think you can tell which PTFE panels were installed first by their color. The first ones installed have already started the bleaching process.

There has been a wall-like structure added above the air vents on the 300 level that extends from end zone to end zone. I am thinking it is related to the coming air conditioning. TexanMark was thinking it might be plenum.

In @bnoro’s pictures, you can see what the LED lights look like when they are lit up. Very different look than the old lights.

Right now, the hard steel part of the roof does not have a fabric cover, as shown in the sometimes right/sometimes wrong Geiger drawings. It looks like they added a layer of insulation over the layer of corrugated steel that serves as the first layer of the hard shell roof. If it remains uncovered, that insulation will surely deaden (absorb) the noise the crowd makes. The steel behind it will surely reflect the noise, very likely better than the old fabric roof.

I would think the PTFE section of the roof is basically the same as the old roof and should be a push acoustically. Might be a little quieter as there is more space for the sound to dissipate in the new rafters.

Anyway, It isn’t clear to me the impact the new roof will have on crowd noise. Hoping the insulation I think i see added inside the hard shell is thin and doesn’t absorb sound much. Maybe they will add another layer that reflects sound better. I doubt it...it seems really late in the game for that.

The NFL has a rule that says overhanging structures must be at least 85 feet above the playing field. The massive center hung scoreboard in Dallas is 90 feet above the field. My understanding is that the Syracuse scoreboard will be hung quite a bit higher than the one in Dallas.

I believe the 4 main scoreboards are 62.5 feet wide. There are diagonal scoreboards 10 feet wide in each corner, which should make the scoreboard extend from around the 38 yard line to the 38 yard line.

awesome. I think the huge scoreboard is going to be the signature of this project. I assume it’s a large concave HDTV screen?

Looks great! Weird the pfte is so many diff shades
I’m being a brat but that looks terrible to me. There’s no way that can be the finished look is it ?

the rest of it is incredible though. Amazing what great lights can do for a stadium

I’m being a brat but that looks terrible to me. There’s no way that can be the finished look is it ?

the rest of it is incredible though. Amazing what great lights can do for a stadium
I read somewhere it will take about two weeks (depending on how much UV the PTFE is exposed to) to turn completely white. The colour looks awful now, but I wouldn't worry too much.

I read somewhere it will take about two weeks (depending on how much UV the PTFE is exposed to) to turn completely white. The colour looks awful now, but I wouldn't worry too much.
Only takes 15 minutes in the dentists chair but hey can’t beat free solar bleaching.

It is all moved inside now. The pellet bags, the sand; nothing is left outside. They had crews moving it for hours last night.

Props to Pete and all the crews who worked on the project. It looks like they pulled it off.

How long can it take to put the in fill down? A day or two? The last couple of PTFE panels should be completed today. Though i think there are gaps between them that are going to need to be closed somehow. Sure looks that way when the lights are on at night, and from the pictures we have seen from the inside as well...

Testing the lights now. Full spectrum
BD83EB18-8899-4010-9AA1-1319B365CEF7.jpeg
A29A58E6-EA31-46F5-B800-8C30942AFAF8.jpeg
48EDC78A-1BD1-48A7-85F4-753D0D9F0557.jpeg

And they put two bigger scoreboard signs each side of the end zones? I don’t remember seeing them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom