The DeVito catharsis thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

The DeVito catharsis thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeVito -- in a word -- stunk.

Glad we upgraded. We have three QBs on the roster who are better than TD right now.

Best of luck at Illinois, hope he kills it there, but wasn't sad to see him go and won't lose any sleep about him playing elsewhere.
Shrader is not an upgrade as a quarterback talent. He is an upgrade as a runner.

Shrader is not an upgrade as a quarterback talent. He is an upgrade as a runner.

False.

But he certainly doesn't throw the ball as pretty as devito does in shorts, with no live pass rush. No argument there.

But as a QB who can move the sticks and score points? Not even close in favor of Shrader.

DeVito has a million dollar arm, but a $0.10 feel for the game.

Whatever "it" is, Schrader has "it" -- Even though he doesn't throw the ball well. DeVito doesn't, never did, and never will.

Last edited:
False.

But he certainly doesn't throw the ball as pretty as deviro does in shorts, with no live pass rush. No argument there.

But as a QB who can move the sticks and score points? Not even close in favor of Shrader.

Whatever "it" is, Schrader has "it" -- Even though he doesn't throw the ball well. DeVito doesn't, never did, and never will.

Yeah not to mention the fact that despite the pedigree and mechanics when given time and an open WR down the field he consistently missed his target. The sack rates for sure were awful but when the play was there to be made, that big time talent couldn't show through.

Just watching him today he still sails too many balls and that was against an overmatched opponent.

The amount of love you must have for college football to sit through ten minutes of this game is impressive. I tried but gave up when nothing happened, now I can relate to chip's wife
Dvr'd it and literally fast forwarded anything not related to TD playing. Perfect way to watch it. And got to watch a good RB play while I was at it.

I watched a bit of the first half… same qb there as here, but better protection and better athletes will make him look better. I take back my prediction, he’s not going to get drafted. Plays it too safe and not mobile enough.
Yeah, pretty low yards per attempt and most of those yards were after the catch. I saw 3 legit downfield throws and one of those was a drop.

Yeah, pretty low yards per attempt and most of those yards were after the catch. I saw 3 legit downfield throws and one of those was a drop.

The one drop was pretty high too. Not impossible but definitely not a great throw.

False.

But he certainly doesn't throw the ball as pretty as deviro does in shorts, with no live pass rush. No argument there.

That “it” goes a whole long way .

I’m still ashamed of myself for actually pushing for TD to start ahead of Dungey. I’m actually embarrassed thinking back .

We were competitive in every game Shrader was healthy last year, and is a far far superior QB. Devito is better at practice. Shrader is better at winning. As Kenny Powers put it oh so wisely, "I play real sports, I'm not trying to be the best at exercising."

Massive upgrade
Massive? Ehh, he’s an “upgrade” but he’s a barely serviceable QB who can escape, i highly doubt he learned how to throw the deep ball over the summer and I’m not sure if a pass happy offense is the answer. This team will (and should) live and die by Tucker, just like last year. Maybe Anae has some better schemes for our receivers to get open on some short routes but running anything over 15 yards is asking for abysmal numbers

Massive? Ehh, he’s an “upgrade” but he’s a barely serviceable QB who can escape, i highly doubt he learned how to throw the deep ball over the summer and I’m not sure if a pass happy offense is the answer. This team will (and should) live and die by Tucker, just like last year. Maybe Anae has some better schemes for our receivers to get open on some short routes but running anything over 15 yards is asking for abysmal numbers
Dungey was never a super thrower, but was a massive upgrade over what Devitos been. Shrader will show out this year.

Dungey was never a super thrower, but was a massive upgrade over what Devitos been. Shrader will show out this year.

He doesn’t have any better receivers and like I said, he likely didn’t learn to throw the deep ball over the summer. Maybe he doesn’t have 3 straight games under 100 yards passing, but that is more a product of not playing terrible versus “showing out.”

I’d love to be wrong but he’s not a freshman getting his legs under him in the college game.

Status
Not open for further replies.