The Dino threads need to go | Syracusefan.com

The Dino threads need to go

AAM62

All Conference
I mean, the guy has 8 wins in 2 years. What P5 powerhouse would justify that hire right now? This is probably part of the reason why Dino said the community needs to learn how to deal with winning better. 2 big wins has everyone dealing with a crazy spectrum of emotion. Lets all chill out and trust the process.

I mean, the guy has 8 wins in 2 years. What P5 powerhouse would justify that hire right now? This is probably part of the reason why Dino said the community needs to learn how to deal with winning better. 2 big wins has everyone dealing with a crazy spectrum of emotion. Lets all chill out and trust the process.

Yes. Florida/Tennessee and whoever isn't looking to hire an 8-15 coach to solve their problems. Their fan base would crucify them. Dino will become a hot item again if he can turn this around but he hasn't done that yet.

Maybe the last two weeks have changed things a bit. But if the consensus around here was to re-up him now, that's the very same reason his name gets floated for these jobs. I *think* the OP is probably right. But w/l records are what fans use to measure coaches; AD's have a far broader list.

- System/Philosophy that can win games against better competition
- Uptick in recruiting
- Player buy-in
- Respected by peers
- Represents the program well
- Handles those around him in pro manner
- Deals with boosters/fans well
- Sells program well

And a simple one: Do you believe this guy can win you games, consistently over time?

Maybe the last two weeks have changed things a bit. But if the consensus around here was to re-up him now, that's the very same reason his name gets floated for these jobs. I *think* the OP is probably right. But w/l records are what fans use to measure coaches; AD's have a far broader list.

- System/Philosophy that can win games against better competition
- Uptick in recruiting
- Player buy-in
- Respected by peers
- Represents the program well
- Handles those around him in pro manner
- Deals with boosters/fans well
- Sells program well

And a simple one: Do you believe this guy can win you games, consistently over time?

Not one of those things saves the coaches or AD's job at bigger name school. Matter of fact, if an AD were to hire Dino in his current state and they didn't win within 2 years they'd both be fired. 9 wins or better is usually the measuring stick. Nothing else matters. Georgia fired Richt for crying out loud.

Not one of those things saves the coaches or AD's job at bigger name school. Matter of fact, if an AD were to hire Dino in his current state and they didn't win within 2 years they'd both be fired. 9 wins or better is usually the measuring stick. Nothing else matters. Georgia fired Richt for crying out loud.

I think you’re mistaken. Richt wasn’t fired for his w/l record. He was fired because they felt he couldn’t get them to where they wanted to go. They lost faith in his ability to win all the games they thought they should win.

Records are deceiving and don’t tell the full story. Marrone got hired by the Bills with a .500 record. You can be considered a good coach with a mediocre record.

I'm not reading any "Dino is going" paranoia threads. This forum is going to do this junk every year.

4 wins, 8 wins ...it literally does not matter. Dino is always going to be going.

My goodness. Let's get some self-esteem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom