The Downside - Boston College | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - Boston College

Meh, Howard had as many assists as our fifth-year starting "point guard" and surely did no worse at initiating our offense. Probably best for Boeheim to ease up.
President of the Gbinije HATERS Club continues to hate. Where will this team be without Gbinije. #LOOKINGATAGIFTHORSEINTHEMOUTH

President of the Gbinije HATERS Club continues to hate. Where will this team be without Gbinije. #LOOKINGATAGIFTHORSEINTHEMOUTH

The next time I see a syracusefan.com poster use the word "hater" while making a valid point will be the first.

I don't hate Gbinije. I recognize that he's a poor point guard, something that everyone who understands basketball observes while watching Syracuse play.

I'm not trying to hate on Howard but he has done nothing and the stats show that. Yet people want more of him why
More Howard equals less coney and g proven scorers.
He's done nothing except look more like a point guard than anybody else on the team. We don't need all five guys to be scorers. If Howard is a good defender and distributes and protects the ball, then I think 15 minutes a game is justified.

He's done nothing except look more like a point guard than anybody else on the team. We don't need all five guys to be scorers. If Howard is a good defender and distributes and protects the ball, then I think 15 minutes a game is justified.
You can believe what your mind wants to see. If you can't score on a team with limited scores you better be stuffing the stat line. Zero points zero steals zero rebounds and 2 assists won't help us

You can believe what your mind wants to see. If you can't score on a team with limited scores you better be stuffing the stat line. Zero points zero steals zero rebounds and 2 assists won't help us

We have Lydon, Cooney, Richardson, and G for scoring. In that lineup, having a good distributor is really all you need. G isn't that guy, so why not let Howard have a shot? We have more scorers this year than we did last year after CMac went down. Allowing G to play off the ball might actually give him more opportunities to score.

We have Lydon, Cooney, Richardson, and G for scoring. In that lineup, having a good distributor is really all you need. G isn't that guy, so why not let Howard have a shot? We have more scorers this year than we did last year after CMac went down. Allowing G to play off the ball might actually give him more opportunities to score.
The problem is that when Howard is on the floor one of our top three scores is out. Cooney, G or Richardson. Where are the points going to come from??

The problem is that when Howard is on the floor one of our top three scores is out. Cooney, G or Richardson. Where are the points going to come from??

That's just not true. The line-up I gave you has been used several times this year. Lydon in the center, G and Richardson on the wings, and Cooney and Howard up top.

And when Cooney is having an off night, he can sit for a couple minutes and we can have G take his spot at the 2 and Roberson in at a forward slot. This isn't hard to figure out.

That's just not true. The line-up I gave you has been used several times this year. Lydon in the center, G and Richardson on the wings, and Cooney and Howard up top.
We would get killed on the boards with that lineup.

And when Cooney is having an off night, he can sit for a couple minutes and we can have G take his spot at the 2 and Roberson in at a forward slot. This isn't hard to figure out.
It's not to hard to figure out when we play BC but we will be back to a 6 man rotation with the tougher schedule.

It's not to hard to figure out when we play BC but we will be back to a 6 man rotation with the tougher schedule.
How good do you feel about our point guard play so far this year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom