The Downside (Cornell) | Syracusefan.com

The Downside (Cornell)

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We were only up 30-26 at the half and then gave up the first six points of the second half to fall behind, 30-32. Nervous time.

- I give Cornell credit for having quick hands and feet. They maintained good contact with our shooters-until we started to take it inside and toss it back out for shots. They also tipped a dozen or more passes. They had 9 steals to our 7. They had fewer turnovers, 12-13. Some of that was bad passing by SU but Cornell forced a lot of that.

- Whither Franklin Howard? He didn’t play at all. Supposedly, we are developing him to give us a true point guard and he’d passed Kaleb Joseph in the rotation.

- DaJuan Coleman scored 4 points in the first 2 minutes and 26 seconds and none in the last 37 minutes and 34 seconds. He did get 7 rebounds in 18 minutes but there were several rebounds and loose balls that eluded him. He continues to tip them around and not grab them. Jimmy Satalin expressed sympathy “He can’t get off the ground.” It’s not good to have your center be a sympathetic figure.

- Tyler Lydon could do so much good in the high post, as we saw on that dunk in the final minutes. On the perimeter, he seems wasted.

- Outside of the games in the Bahamas, I haven’t seen very many SU games that would beat an ACC opponent. This wasn’t one, either.

Last edited:
still no rotation even against a cornell. we basically played 6 with a brief dash of the penguin.

This is not a good basketball team.
I guess we don't know if the bench can make them better. Maybe Howard is too bad in practice to see game time, I don't know. The little I did see of him on the floor a couple of games ago makes me think he deserves at least SOME time, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom