The Downside - Duke | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - Duke

SWC75

Bored Historian
- This was hardly a vintage Duke team, although I hardly care.

- We missed 34 of 48 two point shots. It’s hard to be that bad. Trevor Cooney was 0 for 6 inside the arc, (and 4 for 9 outside of it). Mal Richardson was 2 for 10 inside and 3 for 6 outside. Tyler Lydon was 1 for 6 inside and 2 for 3 outside. Coleman was 0 for 4, period. Ridiculous.

- We’ve scored 0.962 points per offensive rebound this year, (226 second chance points from 235 offensive rebounds). In this game we were 17 for 26, (0.654). If we’d had our normal average we’d have had 8 point points. There were too many empty trips, despite the way we hit the boards. To look at it another way, we missed 46 shots and they missed 39 so it’s not surprising that several players had career highs on both sides. There were too many rebounds available.

- We had no answer to Plumlee who matched Roberson with 19 points and 17 rebounds, including a couple of backwards dunks. DaJuan Coleman missed all four shots and didn’t little to prevent Plumlee from scoring. Tyler Lydon can block shots but defense starts with your feet and his seemed to be anchored in concrete.

- The only criticism I have of Tyler Roberson’s game tonight was that he was 0 for 3 from the line. None of them were close, (one was an air ball) and a couple of them were the front end of one and ones. If Tyler had done a better job at the line, the final minute could have been a bit less tense.

Plumlee uncharacteristically missed some free throws, too. As Dick Vitale said, both teams are playing hard, but not well! This was the opposite of the absolutely beautiful game we won at the Dome two years ago, where (hmmmm) the Duke fans also thought they got jobbed. So wonderful to win this game! Remember our game down there last year? Yeah, me neither. <shudder>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom