The Downside- Notre Dame | Syracusefan.com

The Downside- Notre Dame

SWC75

Bored Historian
- It’s nice to finally get some wins over highly rated teams but doesn’t it seem like these highly rated teams aren’t exactly powerhouses? It could mean the conference just isn’t as imposing as we thought or maybe it’s just the state of college basketball. All I know is that Louisville didn’t look like a #12 team and Notre Dame didn’t look like a #9 team to me. Some of that is because of what SU did to them. But not really a lot.

- Tyler Roberson hasn’t been the same player since he got hit upside the head in the Pitt game. Tonight he scored 1 point on 0 for 4 shooting and had 3 rebounds, playing only 15 minutes. It’s hard to keep all the tent poles up.

- What we’ve done is amazing considering we have no real back-up center, (unless Chino is your idea of one.) This looked like the game we’d lose because of Rak’s foul trouble but we dodged a bullet- this time.

- Kaleb Joseph, after that 7 for 7 game against BC, has gone 3 for 14, including missing his alst 9 shots from the field.

- We won despite some bad turnovers, (13 but several, especially in the first half, produced run-outs and fouls.

- We also twice fouled three point attempts, (Both by Ron Patterson ). We committed three fouls in the final minute while trying to protect a lead.

Surely Roberson has been assessed for a concussion? When you wrote that, I did an inner "D'ohhhhhhh." Has this been written about anywhere else?

I would add another downside.

In a normal year where we were on the bubble, wins like the one against Louisville and Motte Dame would have given me great joy, as each victory would dramatically improve the likelihood of us making the NCAAs. Particularly a road win against a top 10 team.

Now, I can barely muster any enthusiasm, considering it's a lost cause.

I would add another downside.

In a normal year where we were on the bubble, wins like the one against Louisville and Motte Dame would have given me great joy, as each victory would dramatically improve the likelihood of us making the NCAAs. Particularly a road win against a top 10 team.

Now, I can barely muster any enthusiasm, considering it's a lost cause.

I feel the polar opposite of you. These last few games ARE the tournament for this team. In spite of everything that has gone on this season I take great joy in seeing them play so hard and well. I don't recall a Cuse them that has played this consistently hard. Kudos to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teddy19

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom