The Downside- Notre Dame | Syracusefan.com

The Downside- Notre Dame

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Yes, they didn’t have Demetrius Jackson. And yes, it mattered.

- JB’s got to work on his speeches: Notre Dame scored the first five points of each half.

- Franklin Howard….is not there yet.

- And Kaleb Joseph sleeps with the fishes, (and plays with the walk-ons)

- I was wearing what Jim Boeheim would be wearing if he was dressed like me. I didn’t get any prizes for that.

Really had to stretch to write the Downside, eh? Loved your last droll comment!

Loved the way DC played last night, but that foul he had on the guy shooting in the corner right by ND's bench was bad. Need him to be smarter on those. Go for the block, but don't hit the jump shooter.

Would have liked to see Roberson get another double double. His passing was very good though.

Oh, just thought of another one. We played well against the zone, but the bigs receiving the ball at the foul line missed the other big posting down low for easy baskets a couple times tonight. Need Coleman, Roberson, and Lydon to turn and look for that more quickly.

Loved the way DC played last night, but that foul he had on the guy shooting in the corner right by ND's bench was bad. Need him to be smarter on those. Go for the block, but don't hit the jump shooter.

Would have liked to see Roberson get another double double. His passing was very good though.

Oh, just thought of another one. We played well against the zone, but the bigs receiving the ball at the foul line missed the other big posting down low for easy baskets a couple times tonight. Need Coleman, Roberson, and Lydon to turn and look for that more quickly.

Yeah, particularly Coleman. He has gone from receiving the ball and holding it too long to now getting it and passing it too quickly at times. I definitely prefer what he is doing now over what he was doing several games ago because I believe he will eventually get back to wanting to make a play versus playing hot potato. He is definitely a key to our success moving forward so hopefully he will continue to improve. Oh yeah, this thread is about the downside...

- The broadcast didn't show the "look like coach Boeheim" contest.

- The walk-on's came in too late. I love when one of them scores!

- I was so happy after the game I continued to celebrate. I'm really feeling it this morning at work. Thank goodness my boss has a long meeting off-site. I'm 30 minutes from getting to take a nap. :)

Yeah, particularly Coleman. He has gone from receiving the ball and holding it too long to now getting it and passing it too quickly at times. I definitely prefer what he is doing now over what he was doing several games ago because I believe he will eventually get back to wanting to make a play versus playing hot potato. He is definitely a key to our success moving forward so hopefully he will continue to improve. Oh yeah, this thread is about the downside...

Great comment - who won the contest?

I don't even know. Kind of strange in that they made a big deal about the contest all game long and then they don't even show any of it (unless I missed it somehow).

Great job SWC. It's obviously a fantastic thing whenever you have to stretch a bit when writing the downside. I will say that seeing Kaleb playing with the walk-ons was a bit hard for me to watch. I don't blame anyone. I just think back to the expectations that everyone had prior to him coming in as the starting PG and look where he is now. I really hate to see what seems like a great kid to go through this. At least he has two years left to still have an upside in his college career (even if that means playing elsewhere).

- I was so happy after the game I continued to celebrate. I'm really feeling it this morning at work. Thank goodness my boss has a long meeting off-site. I'm 30 minutes from getting to take a nap. :)
SportsCenter had a lot of coverage of the contest. The most Syracuse coverage they've had since they announced the infractions.

Great job SWC. It's obviously a fantastic thing whenever you have to stretch a bit when writing the downside. I will say that seeing Kaleb playing with the walk-ons was a bit hard for me to watch. I don't blame anyone. I just think back to the expectations that everyone had prior to him coming in as the starting PG and look where he is now. I really hate to see what seems like a great kid to go through this. At least he has two years left to still have an upside in his college career (even if that means playing elsewhere).
Nicknack, I felt the same jolt of sadness when I saw Kaleb. I had forgotten he was part of the team.

Nicknack, I felt the same jolt of sadness when I saw Kaleb. I had forgotten he was part of the team.

tumblr_n6mgvdPhR11tco6epo1_500.jpg

Best comment in the presser was when Jimmy said he probably could not win the "Dress Like Boeheim" contest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom