The Downside- Wake Forest | Syracusefan.com

The Downside- Wake Forest

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Nothing comes easy for this team. When we seemed to have established control of the game at 28-10, suddenly we couldn’t stop them. We stopped pressuring the QB, covering receivers and tackling anybody. We got it turned around again but when we have a chance to put a team away, we need to do it.

- The team came out flat with none of the flair we saw last week and had to grind it out. I’m glad we can this year. This team is actually better than running the football than passing it.

- The refs finally called a couple of interferences late in the game but ti hardly made up for at least 5 of them the refs had missed earlier.

- There were a few too many plays for my taste where a Wake ball carrier was carrying SU tacklers forward with him.

The next level in our resurgence is learning to shut the door when we're up on a team.

First shanked punt of the year?

The one ugly injury. Coach Babers said after the game, the player would have to stay in N.C.

The next level in our resurgence is learning to shut the door when we're up on a team.
Aggressive defense. We start playing soft and they start marching the ball.

#Grinding it out - means scoring 41 points... that’s pretty indicative of our improvement. We let Wake score a couple that kept it a game longer than necessary, all things considered though, when I watched the game I felt we were in pretty sound control.

We were effective on offense however we needed to be. They took away the aerial assault so we went ground and were productive. That was against a defense decimated by injury, but, you play who you play and do what you need to do.

We’re a good football team. Play strong in all three phases, win the turnover battle, and this team has a chance against anyone they play.

When Perkins was injured it took the wind out of everyone's sails. I didn't see what happened but when the medical staff from both teams is out there so quickly & he stays there so long on the field it can't be good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom