The Downside- Wake Forest | Syracusefan.com

The Downside- Wake Forest

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We kept squandering opportunities. We got 3 points off of four first half turnovers. We had a 1st and goal form the 1 and settled for a field goal. We got the ball on the Wake 49 after a punt – and punted. It sure looked like we’d find a way to lose this one.

- But what bothered me the most was in our last possession of regulation. Once we got in Andre Szymt’s range, we seemed content to set up his field goal. It works as he made it but we left 44 seconds on the clock, (aided by an ill-time Babers time out). I really wanted another first down there so we could control the clock until it was done to the last seconds and then kick the field goal. Instead we had to kick it too early. If Trill hadn’t saved our bacon, we were going to lose because of our bad clock management at the end of regulation.

- 12 penalties for 122 yards. On the season, we had 107 penalties for 887 yards. Out opposition had 72 for 625, a difference of 262 yards. But that doesn’t count negated yardage or the number of times 1st and 10 became 1st and 15 or 3rd and 1 became 3rd and 6. Or the number of times fans wondered how we can be such an undisciplined, unfocused team.

- With all due respect to Clayton Welch, if we weren’t going to play Tommy, shouldn’t we have been playing Rex Culpepper, who will be back next year? Rex has played more extensively than Welch and even started a couple of games when Dungey was out in 2017.

Good points, except about Welch. You play your reserve QB who gives the seniors and fans the best chance to end the season with a win.

I was just confused with the odd rotation of welch and Devito there in the 2nd half

12 more penalties this week and we've played a whole season. I started a thread on the false starts and was told it wasn't a problem. Hahaha. 107 penalties on the year must be a school record. No discipline and a total lack of focus.

Welch got hurt and Devito came in, but TD had a hard time running so he was pretty limited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom