The Dungey hand clap | Syracusefan.com

The Dungey hand clap

texascpa

Living Legend
My memory is probably failing, but was this the first game the hand clap was so prevalent and exaggerated? I know Houston and Louisville use it, but I didn't think we did. Could that be the reason for the numerous illegal procedures - the introduction of the hand clap?

My memory is probably failing, but was this the first game the hand clap was so prevalent and exaggerated? I know Houston and Louisville use it, but I didn't think we did. Could that be the reason for the numerous illegal procedures - the introduction of the hand clap?

Haven't we used it all year?

We used it against Va Tech.
Something to look for against Pittsburgh. The Panthers are currently clapping on defense to try and disrupt the snap count of whoever they are playing. They are coached to do it by Narduzzi and it appears to be a direct violation of NCAA rules.

The NCAA rule states: "No player shall use words or signals that disconcert opponents when they are preparing to put the ball in play. No play may call defensive signals that simulate the sound or cadence of (or otherwise interfere with) offensive starting signals."

The refs at the Penn St-Pitt game let them get away with it, which made the PSU HC cry.

Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi defends Panthers' clapping

Like, I said, my memory may be failing. that said, it just seemed more pronounced than before.
We've used it in multiple games this year. I definitely remember it against ND several times - particularly in the first half and against VT and I think Louisville. I didn't notice that it was any more pronounced in the BC game than in the others.

BC's illustrious D is just the first opponent to fall for it.

Used it all year to good effect. Saw a couple other teams use it on Saturday. I thought we were being so original ...

Been using it all year. Gets a bunch of offsides. Because a lot times its snapped on first clap then we radomly mix in 2, 3 or 4 claps. The defense has no clue and expects first clap amd jumps.

I recall him using it against ND - it was very obvious to me during that game in particular.

Something to look for against Pittsburgh. The Panthers are currently clapping on defense to try and disrupt the snap count of whoever they are playing. They are coached to do it by Narduzzi and it appears to be a direct violation of NCAA rules.

The NCAA rule states: "No player shall use words or signals that disconcert opponents when they are preparing to put the ball in play. No play may call defensive signals that simulate the sound or cadence of (or otherwise interfere with) offensive starting signals."

The refs at the Penn St-Pitt game let them get away with it, which made the PSU HC cry.

Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi defends Panthers' clapping

When I heard Dino interviewed after the game, I got the sense that BC was doing something to cause the false starts.

I suspect that what you are describing is what was occurring.

And it seemed to me that Dino was perturbed but was unwilling to go public.

When I heard Dino interviewed after the game, I got the sense that BC was doing something to cause the false starts.

I suspect that what you are describing is what was occurring.

And it seemed to me that Dino was perturbed but was unwilling to go public.

At least in high school (and I believe in college), giving disconcerting signals to try to simulate the snap or confuse the offense is an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. If they are known for doing that, Dino should mention that to the officials in the pre-game and bring it to their attention. Being a 15 yard penalty they might not really want to throw it unless forced to, but by bringing it to their attention in the pregame, it can be something to be more actively looked for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom