The EMMYs ... | Syracusefan.com

The EMMYs ...

Colbert is the perfect host. And kudos to Sean Spicer for having the jam to come out and do that joke about audience size. :)
Absolutely. Kudos to him for having the sense of humor (heretofore unseen) to do this.

Master of None won best writing. It was well deservd.

Props to Elisabeth Moss too. Great body of work for such a young person.

She's a great actress. Handmaid's Tale is a great show as well. I was more surprised by the love for that one Black Mirror episode. I like Black Mirror but wasn't expecting San Junipero to get all the praise that it received. To think Black Mirror was just a series shown locally in the U.K. until Netflix picked it up a year or two ago. Anything Netflix touches seems to turn to gold.

She's a great actress. Handmaid's Tale is a great show as well. I was more surprised by the love for that one Black Mirror episode. I like Black Mirror but wasn't expecting San Junipero to get all the praise that it received. To think Black Mirror was just a series shown locally in the U.K. until Netflix picked it up a year or two ago. Anything Netflix touches seems to turn to gold.
My favorite episode. Might have to re watch soon. Talked about the episode with a friend at work recently, and he immediately said "San Junipeiro".

I never understood the interest in watching generally self-indulgent, vapid, people giving each other mutual hand jobs in the form of awards

I never understood the interest in watching generally self-indulgent, vapid, people giving each other mutual hand jobs in the form of awards
We could look at it is if they are awarding the best of their profession.
Everyone likes to be recognized regardless of the field.

We could look at it is if they are awarding the best of their profession.
Everyone likes to be recognized regardless of the field.

1- it's totally arbitrary. There is no basis upon which to judge this stuff. It's really a scam.

2- People not in the business watch it and discuss it. That's what kills me. Why watch others give out meaningless, self aggrandizing awards, which are based upon totally arbitrary and capricous standards, and are meant to increase sales of the product? Seems to me the definition of a waste of time.

That's my take. It's your time. I just don't get the attraction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom