What really stinks | Syracusefan.com

What really stinks

Dcuse

All Conference
is that we had some real highlight reel type stuff in the 2nd half on our run. But how in God's name do you give up a 21-0 run against BC???? It's absolutely maddening! It also sounded ,from my seat on my couch, like a home game for us. Kudos to our folks in Beantown...they should have been rewarded and weren't.

1. No more Taylor
2. Bench Judah and let Cope and JJ cook when Judah wants to play hero ball
3. Let Copeland and Maliq touch the ball every damn position
4. Start Benny and do not take him out if he’s active defensively and on the boards.

My thoughts

is that we had some real highlight reel type stuff in the 2nd half on our run. But how in God's name do you give up a 21-0 run against BC???? It's absolutely maddening! It also sounded ,from my seat on my couch, like a home game for us. Kudos to our folks in Beantown...they should have been rewarded and weren't.

Bad loss.

SMH about that run we gave up.

1. No more Taylor
4. Start Benny and do not take him out if he’s active defensively and on the boards.

My thoughts
This is the 2nd post I've seen regarding either moving Judah off PG or benching him. You realize that's not happening, right?

This is the 2nd post I've seen regarding either moving Judah off PG or benching him. You realize that's not happening, right?
Mintz usage rates should be adjusted based on if the refs are going to call fouls on someone breathing on him or not. When they are giving him the calls, he should get the ball 100% of the time and hog it up .

Mintz usage rates should be adjusted based on if the refs are going to call fouls on someone breathing on him or not. When they are giving him the calls, he should get the ball 100% of the time and hog it up .
Not when he's shooting free throws like he has the last 2 games.

Red’s already sat Judah for extensive periods of games this year. If he’s sucking, take 5. This isn’t a new idea, he’s already done this in the past.

He can stay at PG, I don’t care, but the offense should run through Copeland when Q’s on the floor. Q’s turnovers are less troubling than Judah’s blackhole.

Red’s already sat Judah for extensive periods of games this year. If he’s sucking, take 5. This isn’t a new idea, he’s already done this in the past.
Judah has the most minutes played in ACC conference games this season. He beats out RJ Davis by 2.

Starling is 8th and Maliq is 20th.

Judah has the most minutes played in ACC conference games this season. He beats out RJ Davis by 2.

Starling is 8th and Maliq is 20th.
theres multiple games this year where he logged below 30 mins, UVA and UNC being two examples. UVA was his worst game of the season so Red gave him 27 mins and some bench time.

Tennessee’s another example.

What sucks is that it is not even February and we are already pretty much assured another season of not dancing in March. Also, while we may not be deteriorating as we did over the past couple of seasons, we don't seem to be on any significant upswing.

We have more holes than Swiss cheese.

Anyway, for Red's sake this team needs to finish in a solid fashion, i.e. no more questionable losses, sloppy/lethargic play, late collapses, etc, and an ACC tourney win (or two) would surely help build some psychological momentum looking towards next year.

Red has done fine his first year, so far, but starting next year it is really time to start turning the program around.

Just my take

theres multiple games this year where he logged below 30 mins, UVA and UNC being two examples. UVA was his worst game of the season so Red gave him 27 mins and some bench time.

Tennessee’s another example.
Ok so Taylor and Bell couldn’t do anything at all last night. At that point you’re talking about bench Judah for Cuffe. I just don’t see how that helps us

Ok so Taylor and Bell couldn’t do anything at all last night. At that point you’re talking about bench Judah for Cuffe. I just don’t see how that helps us
Copeland
Starling
Benny
Brown
Hima

Or

Cuffe
Starling
Copeland
Brown
benny

Fine with either for a few mins, need be

1. No more Taylor

My thoughts

You cannot bench Judah. His raw talent is too important. You can move him off ball more like he's done in other games and give the keys to Q some more.

Taylor has to be out of the rotation.

Judah has been our best player all year. Need him on the floor

In practical terms it's been Maliq by a decent amount.

But Judah's up there and his ceiling with his talent is needed because of our lack of balance and depth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom