The four best teams in the country | Syracusefan.com

The four best teams in the country

SWC75

Bored Historian
...are Alabama, Ohio State, Oregon and TCU, probably in that order. Just sayin'.

Either TCU or Ohio State is going to be very disappointed tomorrow.

I dont see how you can keep OSU out. That absolute pummeling of Wisconsin is one of the most impressive wins by any team.

I think its a tough job.. hard to tell a p5 undefeated means nothing..

My take
FSU played 5 tough teams OKst, Clem, ND Lou, GT I thought the looked like a dominate team in about 4 games.
oregon played MSU, Ariz, ucla, utah looked dominate 7-8 times but also lost once and is being good against COl, Wash, S Dak, wyoming better than just being just OK against BC, SU, NCst type teams?
TCU, played OK, Bay, OKst, KSu and lost one. Ok turned out to avg but looked dominate 5-6 games.
Ohio state- played MSU, Wisc looked really good 7-8 times.
Ala - played ol miss, LSU, Miss st, Aub, mizzu. looked dominate 5-6 times and lost one.

does looking good out way not losing ? does beating up bad teams mean more than just beating solid teams?

how do you reward TCU over Baylor? can you say head to head means less than one beating WV and one not? TCU only beat WV by 1?

I would put Alabama, ohio state, oregon and FSU.

I think its a tough job.. hard to tell a p5 undefeated means nothing..

My take
FSU played 5 tough teams OKst, Clem, ND Lou, GT I thought the looked like a dominate team in about 4 games.
oregon played MSU, Ariz, ucla, utah looked dominate 7-8 times but also lost once and is being good against COl, Wash, S Dak, wyoming better than just being just OK against BC, SU, NCst type teams?
TCU, played OK, Bay, OKst, KSu and lost one. Ok turned out to avg but looked dominate 5-6 games.
Ohio state- played MSU, Wisc looked really good 7-8 times.
Ala - played ol miss, LSU, Miss st, Aub, mizzu. looked dominate 5-6 times and lost one.

does looking good out way not losing ? does beating up bad teams mean more than just beating solid teams?

how do you reward TCU over Baylor? can you say head to head means less than one beating WV and one not? TCU only beat WV by 1?

I would put Alabama, ohio state, oregon and FSU.
You nailed it. Completely agree with your analysis and Final 4.

That dog poo team has won 29 straight football games. Pretty dumb definition of dog poo.

Anyway you dice it up, FSU has to be in. Period. Wins are wins. They won a P5 conference, not a crap conference. They are undefeated for the second straight season AND...ARE THE DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!! An undefeated SEC or BIG team that looked like crap in a few games would NEVER NOT be considered one of the top 4. The fact that there is even speculation that a 13-0 FSU team won't get in is preposterous.

TCU is going to be a very unhappy group tomorrow. No Bevo championship game and a cakewalk of a last game equals "lights out".

If FSU were left out it would set a very dangerous precedent going forward...and the selection process would officially be a joke.

Ohio state vs tcu is something I have to sleep on but as of now I have tcu ahead

Of all these teams, OSU has the worst loss by far. Hard to argue against the drubbing they are putting on a mysterious team who are wearing Wisconsin uniforms tonight.

My four in order: Alabama, Oregon, FSU, TCU.

One caveat --I have strong ties to the state of Michigan.

I would put OSU in as the 4th team but I'm very skeptical of how good any of these teams in the B1G are. They all got shredded out of conference and have a reputation of getting shredded OOC over the years yet a few teams start wining games against fellow B1G teams and start moving up the rankings. Minnesota was ranked for a minute, really?.. Minnesota?

Wisconsin is very good. They took one for the conference tonight.

Thats a good point. I wonder if they laid an egg intentionally for the $$$ if OSU makes it to the playoff?

rrlbees said:
Wisconsin is very good. They took one for the conference tonight.

Exactly why Ohio State should be left out.

I'm okay with Alabama, Oregon, and FSU. The 4th team, hmm?

FYI on TCU vs. Baylor:

vs. Iowa State TCU won 55-3, Baylor won 49-28 = Advantage TCU +31
vs. Kansas TCU won 34-30, Bayulor won 60-14 = Advantage Baylor +42
vs. Kansas State TCU won 41-20, Baylor won 38-27 = Advantage TCU +10
vs. Oklahoma TCU won 37-33, Baylor won 48-14 = Advantage Baylor +30
vs. Oklahoma State TCU won 42-9, Baylor won 49-28 = Advantage TCU +12
vs. Southern Methodist, TCU won 56-0, Baylor won 45-0 = Advantage TCU +11
vs. Texas, TCU won 48-10, Baylor won 28-7 = Advantage TCU +17
vs. Texas Tech, TCU won 82-27, Baylor won 48-46 -= Advantage TCU +53
vs. West Virginia, TCU won 31-30, Baylor loost 27-41 = Advantage TCU +15
Baylor beat TCU 61-58 = Advnatage Baylor +3

Net advantage: TCU +74. Or is it that simple?

Thats a good point. I wonder if they laid an egg intentionally for the $$$ if OSU makes it to the playoff?

No. No. No. No. Too much pride, hate, visceral dislike to ever throw a game to Ohio State. Remember the time we threw the game against Georgetown? Not going to happen.

Big 12's worst nightmare tonight. They likely get shut out of the playoff.

If FSU is left out, the system will be torn apart next year.

Alabama - Ohio State in New Orleans. That's the new dream semi-final.

All the talking heads have OSU in over Baylor and TCU.

Does Paul Finebaum ever not take a chance to take a shot at FSU. SEC mouthpiece is so threatened by the Noles, all the time with this guy.

Every game is supposed to matter.

Of the three teams on the bubble, OSU has the worst loss.
Baylor's schedule is pathetic and they should not be rewarded for that ridiculous out of conference pillow fight they set up for themselves.
TCU lost to Baylor and because the 12 cares more about money than competition and creating one true champion, they only had yo play a 2-10 ISU while everyone else played a top 20 team.

OSU should be in as the 4. The 12 teams should be punished for no CCG and Baylor's bad schedule.

NKR1978 said:
Every game is supposed to matter. Of the three teams on the bubble, OSU has the worst loss. Baylor's schedule is pathetic and they should not be rewarded for that ridiculous out of conference pillow fight they set up for themselves. TCU lost to Baylor and because the 12 cares more about money than competition and creating one true champion, they only had yo play a 2-10 ISU while everyone else played a top 20 team. OSU should be in as the 4. The 12 teams should be punished for no CCG and Baylor's bad schedule.

And I think that's ultimately what's going to happen.

Only 2 teams are sleeping comfortably tonight, Alabama and Oregon. The rest are sweating it out. Even FSU because of the BS 4 ranking this week.

Early on in the season the Big 10 was getting ridiculed because they were getting beaten by out of conference foes. So why does beating up a Big10 foe (Wisconsin) hold this much salt? :noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom